Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/5 @ Kansas State Season Opener

Default Re: 11/5 @ Kansas State Season Opener

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    We flat out let K-State off the hook. Can't miss that many free throwns for starters. The team played well enough defensively to win but just way too much slop offensively. Lots to learn for Richman and the team.
    KState only opened their playbook when needed. They didn’t want to show too much. When they absolutely wanted a score, they got an easy one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

How come every time under Richman we curl up in the fetal position when we play a team from a P5 conference. Every time we are thoroughly dominated and can’t score. Rinse and repeat. K State is one of the worst P5 teams we have played and we shoot 28 percent from the field. 28!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definately one this team wants back. This was a game that they could have won. Defensively and rebounding have certainly improved. We wont shoot that poorly all the time (i sure hope). Credit Kstate thats some long athletic dudes but I dont think our offense was executed very well tonight. 30 was too manys 3 esp the way we were shooting them. Richman even commented in the post-game about it. It was game 1 of a long season but certainly one the Bison could have won.

Bison now come home to a non d1 game Thursday vs Mayville State and Monday afternoon vs Cal Poly.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Definately one this team wants back. This was a game that they could have won. Defensively and rebounding have certainly improved. We wont shoot that poorly all the time (i sure hope). Credit Kstate thats some long athletic dudes but I dont think our offense was executed very well tonight. 30 was too manys 3 esp the way we were shooting them. Richman even commented in the post-game about it. It was game 1 of a long season but certainly one the Bison could have won.

Bison now come home to a non d1 game Thursday vs Mayville State and Monday afternoon vs Cal Poly.
    Not sure what else they could've did offensively. They're going to live and die by the 3 ball this year, especially against a high major caliber team, whether they like it or not. Tyson Ward might be effective in the post against Summit League competition but he's not going to cut it against Big 12 competition down there and they don't have anyone else who is even a threat in the post. They shoot their free throws at a 80% clip instead of a 65% clip and they make a good percentage of the open 3s they had they would've been right in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    New year. Same 03 excuses.
    All games are tough - after a few seasons you figure out how to weather the storms. we weren’t completely out powered so don’t act like this KState team was some sort of world beater. We played like we have for years, KState didn’t dictate anything. That offensive performance was effort less. We are soft inside because we rarely ever take shots near the basket and then because we don’t ever play that way we get our shots sent to the stands because we go up so damn slow and half assed!
    Armchair coaches would be able to make appropriate adjustments, so call it annoying that the rest of the basketball fan base isnt content with covering spreads (didn’t even do that) and “just happy to be here” until conference play.
    Chronic apologists are SUPER annoying.
    K state was picked 2nd to last in big 12. and they scored 21 points in 1st half. such a winnable game
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Not sure what else they could've did offensively. They're going to live and die by the 3 ball this year, especially against a high major caliber team, whether they like it or not. Tyson Ward might be effective in the post against Summit League competition but he's not going to cut it against Big 12 competition down there and they don't have anyone else who is even a threat in the post. They shoot their free throws at a 80% clip instead of a 65% clip and they make a good percentage of the open 3s they had they would've been right in this game.
    For starters not enough ball movement, we were way to easy to defend. The ball needed to move side to side to apply some pressure to the defense and open up driving lanes. Instead Kstate just pressured our guards on the premiter and either ended up with a rocky 3 or a late shock clock screen and roll. Certainly the 3 pt shot is a focus for this team but its the type of 3's we are taking. I will say we did miss several good looks that we usually do make so it was a bit of a bad offense and just poor shooting.

I like what I saw from Harden-Hayes. High IQ basketball player that has good length. Witz banged and provides a different body but needs to expand his offensive game. Need more from Hunter,Quayle, and Eady. Hunter got in early foul trouble and stuggled to get in the flow of the game. Quayle and Eady both seemed a bit gun shy. Need to play with more confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    We don't have a single post threat? That's a huge problem! It's been a problem ever since Richman took over! What about this Odell bigs dude, is he a 3 point shooter too? What about this Witz guy, we bring in a guy who can't even post up?? JFC!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    We don't have a single post threat? That's a huge problem! It's been a problem ever since Richman took over! What about this Odell bigs dude, is he a 3 point shooter too? What about this Witz guy, we bring in a guy who can't even post up?? JFC!
    Yeah, it's definitely been an issue in the Richman era. Big guys with back to the basket games are tough to find at this level (Marshall Bjorklund was a uniquely gifted recruit that NDSU typically doesn't have a shot it) but Richman in 6 years has yet to find a Bjorklund or an Andre Smith or a Dexter Werner and it is frustrating. It is what it is though... Wilson and Witz are not those guys at least not yet. For better or worse this is a team that needs to make it's bacon inside the arc with dribble penetration rather than post entry.

Kujava23 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

KState was 4th last yr in defense points allowed per game. Bruce Weber's teams usually defend well since more athletic players than skilled. With that said IFFF we are to be a good team and KState lost top 3 players from last yr...THIS WAS A GAME i expected us to win....guess i was crazy to expect an efficient offense, make a high % at free throw line, rebound well, and have SR leadership to GET big win and help RPI IFFF make tournament and want a better seed....

Just still frustrated with the TYPE OF BASKETBALL THAT RICHMAN PUTS ON COURT

0-1

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Yup.And recruits that can play inside or midrange aren’t gonna wanna come play in a system where the ball doesn’t ever touch the post or ball movement is minimal.
    The days of Braun slashing toward the rim, Bjorkland playing the post, Wright going in with some authority we’re also the days we were leading the country in shooting percentage, weve gotten so far away from that and try to justify shooting 3s at a higher than average clip, in part from playing in a weak (and getting weaker) conference.
    Winning the Summit gets us to the tourney, but missing on marquee games like this that absolutely winnable are just going to keep relegating us to that 16/15 seed line, and we’ll be one-and-done each year because we are so 1 dimensional. And that comes from those coaches, the talent is there but continues to be wasted under this regime.
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice