Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: 11/5 @ Kansas State Season Opener

Default Re: 11/5 @ Kansas State Season Opener

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Ughh...can you just relax a little. Playing a big 12 team on the road is tough. This team has talent and will do well against the Summit League. Armchair coaches are really annoying.
    But move up to better conference!!!....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

lose by 13

spread is 12

^^^^uckkkkkkk
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    New year, same Richman led team.
    Too reliant on 3s, no offensive boards for second chance points, no interior game or attacking the basket, and keeping cold players on the court.
    We’ve left a lot of winnable games with an L.
    did we have more than 4 points in the paint?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by phxbison View Post
    Really thought we would show better than this !
    Do we really practice an O that emphasizes kick-outs for 3-point shots yet don’t have players that can even make FREE throws in a game or at a time that matters?

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO

Ughh...can you just relax a little. Playing a big 12 team on the road is tough. This team has talent and will do well against the Summit League. Armchair coaches are really annoying.
    New year. Same 03 excuses.
    All games are tough - after a few seasons you figure out how to weather the storms. we weren’t completely out powered so don’t act like this KState team was some sort of world beater. We played like we have for years, KState didn’t dictate anything. That offensive performance was effort less. We are soft inside because we rarely ever take shots near the basket and then because we don’t ever play that way we get our shots sent to the stands because we go up so damn slow and half assed!
    Armchair coaches would be able to make appropriate adjustments, so call it annoying that the rest of the basketball fan base isnt content with covering spreads (didn’t even do that) and “just happy to be here” until conference play.
    Chronic apologists are SUPER annoying.
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

It was a winnable game. Still waiting for Richman to get a signature win as HC. K-State isn't an overly athletic team, they are not a traditional match up nightmare. This was a game we should have been in and had a chance to win. Disappointed with our approach which seemed to be launching 3's. Does Richman seriously have an issue with an inside game? WTF is his deal??

They needed to open up the lead more in the first half when K-State was awful on the offensive end... can't be that anemic offensively and hope to beat a P5 team on the road. Shot poorly from inside the arc, outside the arc, and at the line.... K-State is good enough defensively that you have to make your open layups and a good percentage of your open 3s and you really have to make your free throws. They didn't do any of those.

There are some positives to take away from this game though. They held their own on the glass with a team that had superior length and athleticism. They only turned it over 8 times against a very good defensive team. They got to the line 25 times (even though they didn't make a good percentage) so they attacked the rim better than they did last year.

In the end it was just one of those nights where the shots weren't falling. This team will be among the national leaders shooting the 3 ball though so I wouldn't expect too many more games where they only shoot 25% from beyond the arc.

We flat out let K-State off the hook. Can't miss that many free throwns for starters. The team played well enough defensively to win but just way too much slop offensively. Lots to learn for Richman and the team.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Games against high majors will only help down the road. Kstate just eventually starting making shots, especially threes. Could have shot better, especially 3 pointers. When those dont fall, you arent going to beat Summit teams, let alone Big 12 teams. Shot 28% from the field. Yuck.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    New year. Same 03 excuses.
    All games are tough - after a few seasons you figure out how to weather the storms. we weren’t completely out powered so don’t act like this KState team was some sort of world beater. We played like we have for years, KState didn’t dictate anything. That offensive performance was effort less. We are soft inside because we rarely ever take shots near the basket and then because we don’t ever play that way we get our shots sent to the stands because we go up so damn slow and half assed!
    Armchair coaches would be able to make appropriate adjustments, so call it annoying that the rest of the basketball fan base isnt content with covering spreads (didn’t even do that) and “just happy to be here” until conference play.
    Chronic apologists are SUPER annoying.
    ++++++++

Today's CAS GASF = ZERO