View Poll Results: Will Oregon buyout or No?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they are afraid...#SAD

14 19.72%
  • No , they will be MEN and play

57 80.28%
Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Oregon wimp out & buy out?

Default Re: Will Oregon wimp out & buy out?

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Oh so it was some other LAKESBISON that went and posted on their board....uh huh ..sure uh huh...
    that was MONTHS ago. as u can see theres been nothing on that board since then
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    If Oregon is back in the CFP or feel they will be close next year, not going to risk a loss early season. Thus the buyout rumor.

Are they concerned about a loss to the Bison. Probably. But more worried about protecting a possible CFP spot since they feel there are loaded again for a string of runs at a national championship like there were a few years back. Hell if they beat Auburn this fall or didn't play Auburn are they top four CFP today?

time will tell. But if one Pac 12 team decides not to play, can you count on any of them playing the bison?
    Completely bass ackwards logic there. If they really think they have a chance at the CFP they're not going to be scared of any FCS team.

The more plausible explanation is if they think they have a chance at the CFP they'll buy out NDSU because they think it'll hurt their SOS. Of course that doesn't make much sense either because NDSU is better than the majority of G5 teams they could get but it's an excuse the ignorant masses could get behind. They also play Ohio St the week after so if they're really CFP material they'll start 2-0 with a good win and a fantastic win. I'll let you figure out which is which.

If Oregon is back in the CFP or feel they will be close next year, not going to risk a loss early season. Thus the buyout rumor.

Are they concerned about a loss to the Bison. Probably. But more worried about protecting a possible CFP spot since they feel there are loaded again for a string of runs at a national championship like there were a few years back. Hell if they beat Auburn this fall or didn't play Auburn are they top four CFP today?

time will tell. But if one Pac 12 team decides not to play, can you count on any of them playing the bison?
    Yeah, but this reads as educated guess, but is there real smoke here? In other words, inside word from Oregon or NDSU admin?

I haven't heard any rumors here in Oregon about the Ducks buying out the game, but it would not shock me. They can afford the $1 M buyout, they can't afford getting their asses kicked at home on the first game of the year.

I sent my evidence to "thesocalled" fan. he's about as neutral a guy as you can be on here and in life

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Completely bass ackwards logic there. If they really think they have a chance at the CFP they're not going to be scared of any FCS team.

The more plausible explanation is if they think they have a chance at the CFP they'll buy out NDSU because they think it'll hurt their SOS. Of course that doesn't make much sense either because NDSU is better than the majority of G5 teams they could get but it's an excuse the ignorant masses could get behind. They also play Ohio St the week after so if they're really CFP material they'll start 2-0 with a good win and a fantastic win. I'll let you figure out which is which.
    You member Michigan vs App State. I member. I do agree that they shouldn't buy out if they want to win the CFP.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

A loss to Ohio State you can recover from. Look at this year and Auburn. A loss to NDSU, you don't recover from because it is view a lower tier win or loss for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    I sent my evidence to "thesocalled" fan. he's about as neutral a guy as you can be on here and in life
    He did send it but I don't know who it's from so I can't vouch how reliable it is. If it is reliable, they are saying it will be bought out.

Local rumor mill with bison insiders, Oregon top 10 end of year. Hello Buyout.
    So some drunk, obnoxious bison fans want Bama instead, start a "rumor" Oregon is scared and wants a buyout

Sounds Legit!
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    So some drunk, obnoxious bison fans want Bama instead, start a "rumor" Oregon is scared and wants a buyout

Sounds Legit!
    I wish you could just blame Tatanka for this.

I got a text, but I obviously can't "out" my whistleblower.

maybe NDSU wants them to buy it out? $$$$$

my point in starting this thread is TO KEEP THIS GAME ON!!! I wanna beat the Ducks!!