View Poll Results: Will Oregon buyout or No?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they are afraid...#SAD

14 19.72%
  • No , they will be MEN and play

57 80.28%
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Will Oregon wimp out & buy out?

Default Re: Will Oregon wimp out & buy out?

Morgan here ..
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Buscccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccch!

That's cold.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzled View Post
    When the FBS can’t have fans at games to get revenue it should surprise no one they make the decision to cancel the non conference money games as a conference.
    This isn't even about that. They are risking losing more money because of tv not canceling a $1m game with a noncon opponent.

This is about working with standardized protocols between schools, generally tightening a travel footprint, and reducing the student/athlete exposure by controlling as many variables as they can.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is going to trickle down to our level. The teams that used that fbs check to fund their program won’t have it to rely. Let’s say the MVFC goes to conference only schedule. How many of those teams decide it will cost them too much money?

This sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    This is going to trickle down to our level. The teams that used that fbs check to fund their program won’t have it to rely. Let’s say the MVFC goes to conference only schedule. How many of those teams decide it will cost them too much money?

This sucks.

This does suck. With only a handful of FCS programs that are truly profitable with football and no FBS revenue, the season doesn't make a whole lot of sense to some administrators. It has become obvious to colleges money isn't enough to take risks, so when these programs are already losing money and knowing there will have to be a further investment to minimize exposure, it might just become an easier decision to shut down.

The precedent has already been set. Spring sports didn't happen. Most winter sports didn't finish.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I’m pretty sure I saw the bison on the Disney + bundle commercial. Gosh dang it. Get dethroned by a dam virus.

Lardsin must go!

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    This does suck. With only a handful of FCS programs that are truly profitable with football and no FBS revenue, the season doesn't make a whole lot of sense to some administrators. It has become obvious to colleges money isn't enough to take risks, so when these programs are already losing money and knowing there will have to be a further investment to minimize exposure, it might just become an easier decision to shut down.

The precedent has already been set. Spring sports didn't happen. Most winter sports didn't finish.

I can see a push from the fbs to have somewhat of a season because even though they make money they still have bills to pay. Sucks for the kids where this is their 4-5 year window to play college sports

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Well technically they didn’t buy out

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I can see a push from the fbs to have somewhat of a season because even though they make money they still have bills to pay. Sucks for the kids where this is their 4-5 year window to play college sports

FBS still has tv money, even with empty stadiums. They almost have to do something to capture that.

Maybe people will be wanting sports so bad, MVFC can restructure their tv deal this fall and go PPV.

Wonder how these TV deals are setup for situations like this? Is it just a matter of contracts are just voided?