View Poll Results: Will Oregon buyout or No?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they are afraid...#SAD

14 19.72%
  • No , they will be MEN and play

57 80.28%
Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Oregon wimp out & buy out?

Default Re: Will Oregon wimp out & buy out?

man. I hate to be right if its becuz of Chinese flu
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by DuckLurker View Post
    1. your board's biggest troll posts a thread to rile up Oregon fans with some silly rumor (of dubious origin)
    2. your fans go back and forth on the validity of said rumor
    3. then this classy guy suggests fake conspiracies to shame Oregon into playing the game

This is all quite amusing, although not nearly as amusing as the suggestion that somehow Oregon's team and fans don't REALLY want to play this game. You have the very best team in FCS and a legit threat to beat a lot of FBS teams. But Oregon is a top-10 FBS team with an experienced, well-coached defense and very skilled offensive weapons. They're the 9th winningest team in FBS over the last decade. Too small a sample size for you? They're also 9th in wins since 2000. They've won 3 Rose Bowls in the last decade (and a Fiesta Bowl). They're not in the upper-upper crust of programs like Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia and Clemson ... but they're definitely in that next group. The've had excellent recruiting classes the last two years under Cristobal and those guys aren't just "star rating" guys. Sewell, Thibodeaux, Pittman, Funa, Dorlus, Holland ... all guys that played and made impacts as freshmen. NDSU have not played against guys with the size and athleticism that Oregon will bring (and only your RS Seniors were even on the team that beat Iowa). Obviously, anything can happen when they get on the field, but even the most honest NDSU fan would admit that they only win if Oregon plays badly. That doesn't justify the kind of bravado that pours out of this board. Some of you guys sound like Ohio State fans, as if winnings FCS titles in any way equates to competing for championships at the FBS level. I, for one, will hope we get the opportunity to revisit all of these posts 4 months from now after the players settle it on the field. Stay safe.
    Lots of teams have bad games against the Bison.

Be prepared for your team to not happen to play well that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDSU will beat you . West coast Weak.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by DuckLurker View Post
    1. your board's biggest troll posts a thread to rile up Oregon fans with some silly rumor (of dubious origin)
    2. your fans go back and forth on the validity of said rumor
    3. then this classy guy suggests fake conspiracies to shame Oregon into playing the game

This is all quite amusing, although not nearly as amusing as the suggestion that somehow Oregon's team and fans don't REALLY want to play this game. You have the very best team in FCS and a legit threat to beat a lot of FBS teams. But Oregon is a top-10 FBS team with an experienced, well-coached defense and very skilled offensive weapons. They're the 9th winningest team in FBS over the last decade. Too small a sample size for you? They're also 9th in wins since 2000. They've won 3 Rose Bowls in the last decade (and a Fiesta Bowl). They're not in the upper-upper crust of programs like Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia and Clemson ... but they're definitely in that next group. The've had excellent recruiting classes the last two years under Cristobal and those guys aren't just "star rating" guys. Sewell, Thibodeaux, Pittman, Funa, Dorlus, Holland ... all guys that played and made impacts as freshmen. NDSU have not played against guys with the size and athleticism that Oregon will bring (and only your RS Seniors were even on the team that beat Iowa). Obviously, anything can happen when they get on the field, but even the most honest NDSU fan would admit that they only win if Oregon plays badly. That doesn't justify the kind of bravado that pours out of this board. Some of you guys sound like Ohio State fans, as if winnings FCS titles in any way equates to competing for championships at the FBS level. I, for one, will hope we get the opportunity to revisit all of these posts 4 months from now after the players settle it on the field. Stay safe.
    What is the link to these posts? I’m guessing they’re coming from this site’s fake Bison fan (he’s all Goofer).

Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Lots of teams have bad games against the Bison.

Be prepared for your team to not happen to play well that day.

This. It's always "our team played so bad" or "we would win 9 out of 10 times but you caught on us a bad day", never any credit given to the fact that the Bison's play and their gameplan is what makes a team "look" bad.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by FredAhhh10 View Post
    This. It's always "our team played so bad" or "we would win 9 out of 10 times but you caught on us a bad day", never any credit given to the fact that the Bison's play and their gameplan is what makes a team "look" bad.
    Don’t believe the bravado. Most Duck fans would breath a big sigh of relief if our game is canceled. Of course they’ll talk confident (as any top fbs fan base would) but they will be nervous as heck leading up to this game. We would be if in the same situation (playing the top D2 in game 1)

I feel like we just started the NDSU vs Ducks thread all over again. I don't think I have the energy to relive it.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I feel like we just started the NDSU vs Ducks thread all over again. I don't think I have the energy to relive it.
    Covid is real and some people should take real precautions but overall it’s a lot of media hype and unnecessary hysteria and not worthy of lockdowns. Let people make their own choices. Na uh it’s the end of civilization if we don’t all stay in our bedrooms with masks on. There, I’ve just killed this thread and you won’t have to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Covid is real and some people should take real precautions but overall it’s a lot of media hype and unnecessary hysteria and not worthy of lockdowns. Let people make their own choices. Na uh it’s the end of civilization if we don’t all stay in our bedrooms with masks on. There, I’ve just killed this thread and you won’t have to worry about it.
    Lol I was wondering where that was going and legit let out a solid chuckle at the end. Also, thank you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZHerd View Post
    Don’t believe the bravado. Most Duck fans would breath a big sigh of relief if our game is canceled. Of course they’ll talk confident (as any top fbs fan base would) but they will be nervous as heck leading up to this game. We would be if in the same situation (playing the top D2 in game 1)
    It was after the K-State win, but fans weren't worried playing Ferris State which was one of the top D-II teams. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/arch...p/t-31004.html
    It's OK to not be OK.