View Poll Results: Will Oregon buyout or No?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they are afraid...#SAD

14 19.72%
  • No , they will be MEN and play

57 80.28%
Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Oregon wimp out & buy out?

Default Re: Will Oregon wimp out & buy out?

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    I wouldn't expect Matt Larsen to speak on the subject. But its interesting where the chatter is coming from. First came up in mill locally about a month ago, El Chapo brought it up based on some people on the road, and again today someone in the know said the same thing. Oregon might bail. Good chatter for a slow period in Bisonville.
    Bar talk bloviations are now credible? JFC
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

A million bucks... isnt that the number Stig said separated the programs? Lol

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Stig buys us out to makeup the difference? (Purple)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has an FBS bought it an FCS before...serious question
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Has an FBS bought it an FCS before...serious question
    Yes...but it is typically done to improve strength of schedule.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Yes...but it is typically done to improve strength of schedule.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
    Correct I couldn't think of examples but I doubt Oregon will find a higher rated team to come in for cheaper

If NDSU goes undefeated and wins it all this year they could be the highest rated ever next year at the start, it would not he a bad game for Oregon.
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Correct I couldn't think of examples but I doubt Oregon will find a higher rated team to come in for cheaper

If NDSU goes undefeated and wins it all this year they could be the highest rated ever next year at the start, it would not he a bad game for Oregon.
    Question is, will folks get beyond it being an "FCS game" and treat NDSU as the excellent opponent they actually will be? I doubt it. I never cease to be shocked on the relatively ignorance of where teams sit in the grand D1 scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Now it will be 2 million bucks

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Question is, will folks get beyond it being an "FCS game" and treat NDSU as the excellent opponent they actually will be? I doubt it. I never cease to be shocked on the relatively ignorance of where teams sit in the grand D1 scheme.
    No, and why would that bother anyone? Why be so insecure? I think it will be fun kicking their ass anyway.

In Oregon, FCS is equated to Portland State. Nobody at all really cares about them or respects them. No need trying to sway that.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    No, and why would that bother anyone? Why be so insecure? I think it will be fun kicking their ass anyway.

In Oregon, FCS is equated to Portland State. Nobody at all really cares about them or respects them. No need trying to sway that.
    Doesnt bother me a bit. Im pretty comfortable knowing who we are and what we are all about.

Its seems a lot of this is penis envy syndrome.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."