View Poll Results: Will Oregon buyout or No?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they are afraid...#SAD

14 19.72%
  • No , they will be MEN and play

57 80.28%
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Oregon wimp out & buy out?

Default Re: Will Oregon wimp out & buy out?

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    I don’t like Rock V.

But there is something about a non-sanctioned street fight.

And i have always thought there was a weird correlation between NDSU Football and Rocky...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rocky 1 and 4 are good. The rest are trash.
    College of Business Alumnus

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MinotBison View Post
    I would say it probably means universities are going to do everything in their power to have students on campus in the Fall. It was one thing to go to eLearning in the middle of a semester, but if they start that way I would expect to see a lot of deferments or transfers to local community college or online programs. The financial hit would be devastating to universities. And the lack of football in the Fall would cripple athletic departments. Ultimately they may have no choice, but it will definitely be a last resort.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I have a friend who owns a team in the West Coast League, a developmental college baseball league with teams in BC, Washington, Oregon, and California. At least 3 of their teams, including his on Vancouver island, are canceling their season because of the restrictions still imposed. The defending champions, from Corvallis, OR also canceled their season as well as a team from Walla Walla.

This was an individual decision but it could pervade the rest of the league which won't even start until at least July if at all.

Without a vaccine, I don't think anything is going through the rest of the year.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    I would say it probably means universities are going to do everything in their power to have students on campus in the Fall. It was one thing to go to eLearning in the middle of a semester, but if they start that way I would expect to see a lot of deferments or transfers to local community college or online programs. The financial hit would be devastating to universities. And the lack of football in the Fall would cripple athletic departments. Ultimately they may have no choice, but it will definitely be a last resort.

I had multiple students tell me they were not going back if it was 100% virtual next fall. Lecture classes are one thing but lab classes and more hands on classes are totally different. They made it clear they were not going to pay full price for a lesser education and would take a semester off.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    I had multiple students tell me they were not going back if it was 100% virtual next fall. Lecture classes are one thing but lab classes and more hands on classes are totally different. They made it clear they were not going to pay full price for a lesser education and would take a semester off.
    My oldest can potentially graduate college in December but definitely next Spring. This could push that back but impact his need to start paying back his student loans before getting full time enployment.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post

I suspect the main reason universities closed this semester is because back in March they didn't know enough about the lethality of COVID-19 (and Italy looked bad at the time), and second is they did not want lawsuits against them by parents should a student die of the virus - the culpability being that the school could have shut down. Net: for safety and liability reasons.

Now that more is known - that the lethality is far less than originally believed (in terms of % of people who die from COVID-19, especially among the healthy - though it is still highly spreadable (contagious)), and that virtually no hospital in the U.S. ran out of ventilators and other crucial equipment for those with life-threatening reactions to COVID-19 (meaning people were not dying because of a lack of hospital space), I don't know how a university can justify not opening this fall. Universities do not close for flu season.

I would like to see a youtube campaign by some ruthless Bison fans calling out Oregon and their governor to the game.

Possibly conspiracy based with how Oregon was knowingly complicit in the pandemic to avoid the game, not having to look chicken, and not having to pay the buyout. Funny and viral.

Suggest bring the game to fargo if they are locked down there. Espn cameras work in fargo too.

#luckyducks
    #tasteslikechicken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1. your board's biggest troll posts a thread to rile up Oregon fans with some silly rumor (of dubious origin)
    2. your fans go back and forth on the validity of said rumor
    3. then this classy guy suggests fake conspiracies to shame Oregon into playing the game

This is all quite amusing, although not nearly as amusing as the suggestion that somehow Oregon's team and fans don't REALLY want to play this game. You have the very best team in FCS and a legit threat to beat a lot of FBS teams. But Oregon is a top-10 FBS team with an experienced, well-coached defense and very skilled offensive weapons. They're the 9th winningest team in FBS over the last decade. Too small a sample size for you? They're also 9th in wins since 2000. They've won 3 Rose Bowls in the last decade (and a Fiesta Bowl). They're not in the upper-upper crust of programs like Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia and Clemson ... but they're definitely in that next group. The've had excellent recruiting classes the last two years under Cristobal and those guys aren't just "star rating" guys. Sewell, Thibodeaux, Pittman, Funa, Dorlus, Holland ... all guys that played and made impacts as freshmen. NDSU have not played against guys with the size and athleticism that Oregon will bring (and only your RS Seniors were even on the team that beat Iowa). Obviously, anything can happen when they get on the field, but even the most honest NDSU fan would admit that they only win if Oregon plays badly. That doesn't justify the kind of bravado that pours out of this board. Some of you guys sound like Ohio State fans, as if winnings FCS titles in any way equates to competing for championships at the FBS level. I, for one, will hope we get the opportunity to revisit all of these posts 4 months from now after the players settle it on the field. Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckLurker View Post
    1. your board's biggest troll posts a thread to rile up Oregon fans with some silly rumor (of dubious origin)
    2. your fans go back and forth on the validity of said rumor
    3. then this classy guy suggests fake conspiracies to shame Oregon into playing the game

This is all quite amusing, although not nearly as amusing as the suggestion that somehow Oregon's team and fans don't REALLY want to play this game. You have the very best team in FCS and a legit threat to beat a lot of FBS teams. But Oregon is a top-10 FBS team with an experienced, well-coached defense and very skilled offensive weapons. They're the 9th winningest team in FBS over the last decade. Too small a sample size for you? They're also 9th in wins since 2000. They've won 3 Rose Bowls in the last decade (and a Fiesta Bowl). They're not in the upper-upper crust of programs like Alabama, Ohio State, Georgia and Clemson ... but they're definitely in that next group. The've had excellent recruiting classes the last two years under Cristobal and those guys aren't just "star rating" guys. Sewell, Thibodeaux, Pittman, Funa, Dorlus, Holland ... all guys that played and made impacts as freshmen. NDSU have not played against guys with the size and athleticism that Oregon will bring (and only your RS Seniors were even on the team that beat Iowa). Obviously, anything can happen when they get on the field, but even the most honest NDSU fan would admit that they only win if Oregon plays badly. That doesn't justify the kind of bravado that pours out of this board. Some of you guys sound like Ohio State fans, as if winnings FCS titles in any way equates to competing for championships at the FBS level. I, for one, will hope we get the opportunity to revisit all of these posts 4 months from now after the players settle it on the field. Stay safe.

If this game happens, you will lose.

I am so confident in this that I am willing to put up LakesBison as collateral.

That's right, you beat us, he's all yours. Forever.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Don't tease me.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif