View Poll Results: Will Oregon buyout or No?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they are afraid...#SAD

14 19.72%
  • No , they will be MEN and play

57 80.28%
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Oregon wimp out & buy out?

Default Re: Will Oregon wimp out & buy out?

The biggest impediment to this game is the 6 week timeline needed to prepare and there seems to be consensus among coaches.

If we start in late July or early August, it could impact our game. I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonduck View Post
    The biggest impediment to this game is the 6 week timeline needed to prepare and there seems to be consensus among coaches.

If we start in late July or early August, it could impact our game. I hope not.
    Why do they need 6 weeks to get ready for a game?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Why do they need 6 weeks to get ready for a game?
    I don’t know. I assume to make up for less offseason conditioning.

I don’t know. I assume to make up for less offseason conditioning.
    That makes no sense because I doubt anyone stopped working out. All they have to do is give them and extra week in prefall and go to two a days since they really dont go full contact much anymore.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

That makes no sense because I doubt anyone stopped working out. All they have to do is give them and extra week in prefall and go to two a days since they really dont go full contact much anymore.
    Our guys have not stopped working out. However, no one is doing what they could with world class facilities and a training staff on hand. Everyone is limited.

The other issue will be when they will open the university. I know we can’t go to church until August. We might not have players on campus until August.

Our guys have not stopped working out. However, no one is doing what they could with world class facilities and a training staff on hand. Everyone is limited.

The other issue will be when they will open the university. I know we can’t go to church until August. We might not have players on campus until August.
    Everyone is in the same boat so that shouldnt be an excuse or issue. You know there was a time when conditioning was incorporated in to the normal practice schedule and there werent world class facilities..

We had 3 weeks of practice before our first game. 10 days to 2 weeks of it were two a days. Toughen up butter cup.

Everyone is in the same boat so that shouldnt be an excuse or issue. You know there was a time when conditioning was incorporated in to the normal practice schedule.
    You’re preaching to the choir, brother. I want to watch football.

You’re preaching to the choir, brother. I want to watch football.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    It's a novel virus. That means it didn't exist in any form before this in humans. That makes it very different from the flu, SARS, MERS, recent H1N1, etc. I tried to find information about the most recent novel virus in the US and the most recent I could find was 1918. If there are others I'm not aware. That's because like everyone else here, I'm not an expert at virology!

Here are some of the things we do know:
    There is no vaccine and no confirmed treatment.
    Our bodies have no existing defenses to fight it
    It's more contagious than any other virus (partially because nobody has antibodies to fight it when it comes in contact)
    It is significantly more deadly than the flu virus (likely 0.6% to 1.5% compared to 0 1%)

These are facts not opinion. If you don't feel these are facts then you won't agree with anything that is or has been done by federal, state and local government officials. It's possible we've overdone it and other approaches may have worked or will work in the future. But this virus is very different than anything we've dealt with in our lifetime.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Thanks, Indy. Being novel doesn't seem to impact 50%-85% of those who contract it, they have no, mild or moderate symptoms. MERS (a coronavirus, we have a vaccine) originated in bats, as likely did SARS (SARS was a novel coronavirus in humans). Where did our friend HIV originate? Likely other primates. H1N1(along with every other virus) mutates and recirculates with varying virulency, it will be back, maybe more deadly, maybe less. H1N1 killed 675,00 Americans during the spanish flu epidemic. Coronaviruses cause about 20% of common colds in humans. There is evidence some people exposed to other coronaviruses receive at least a head start in fighting Covid 19. Prior exposure to a coronavirus in some instances causes more severe symptoms when subsequently exposed to Covid 19, go figure. Of course our bodies have an existing defense, it's called our immune system. Why do 99+% survive infection? The fatality rate will likely be closer to 0.2%-0.6%. The growth rate of the numerator is already slowing, the denominator is likely very, very much larger than reported. Not many want to waste their time to get tested when they likely had no to moderate symptoms. Do you suppose it's more contagious than the kissing disease (mononucleosis)? There are plenty of treatments, that's why 99+% survive and recover. You're likely treatment Indy is the same as it has always been, get exposed, survive and move on with immunity (which may have already happened). It's really not that much different from influenza A, very few people die from influenza. Very few people die from Covid 19, if that's your standard (the problem with very small numbers). Of course, if you're shooting for zero deaths, best of luck on that, you'll need it.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    . Of course, if you're shooting for zero deaths, best of luck on that, you'll need it.
    The death total in this country will soon pass 100,000 in under 3 months.