View Poll Results: Will Oregon buyout or No?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they are afraid...#SAD

14 19.72%
  • No , they will be MEN and play

57 80.28%
Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Oregon wimp out & buy out?

Default Re: Will Oregon wimp out & buy out?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    If you haven't figured out this virus is very different than anything else ever seen then you aren't going to understand anything being done to address it. I want to open things up and get back to normal as soon as possible, but I also realize the fact there's a chance this could flare up even worse next year.

If I was in charge I would have all games played as scheduled with as many people as possible in the stands. If they want to wear masks and walk around with hand sanitizer I'm fine with that. If they are in a risk group or commonly around someone in the risk group I would understand if they stayed home. But if I did that I would have something planned and ready to implement if the slightest hint of a spike appears. Doing this would be extremely risky though because this virus is unlike anything we've seen and I could make a horrible mistake.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    If i was in charge- i would be the president. But I’m not. Nobody voted for me, and i didn’t have the stones to run.

Who should be in charge?

The leader, or the PEOPLE?

But if they disagree with me, they are disqualified also. Populists and such.

I am the smartest person in this room damn it!!! Put me in charge of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison;1431294[B
    ]If you haven't figured out this virus is very different than anything else ever seen then you aren't going to understand anything being done to address it[/B].

You will need to explain this statement.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    If i was in charge- i would be the president. But I’m not. Nobody voted for me, and i didn’t have the stones to run.

Who should be in charge?

The leader, or the PEOPLE?

But if they disagree with me, they are disqualified also. Populists and such.

I am the smartest person in this room damn it!!! Put me in charge of you.

You sure talk a lot for someone who doesn't say anything.

Default Will Oregon wimp out & buy out?

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    You sure talk a lot for someone who doesn't say anything.
    You. You’re on the list.

You test positive for ANYTHING, and you’ll never see a live football game, Oregon or any other, again.

**this is not a threat. It is a well intentioned effort to save lives. You are welcome everyone else not singled out here.**

Last edited by Rock; 05-22-2020 at 01:08 PM.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    You will need to explain this statement.
    It's a novel virus. That means it didn't exist in any form before this in humans. That makes it very different from the flu, SARS, MERS, recent H1N1, etc. I tried to find information about the most recent novel virus in the US and the most recent I could find was 1918. If there are others I'm not aware. That's because like everyone else here, I'm not an expert at virology!

Here are some of the things we do know:
    There is no vaccine and no confirmed treatment.
    Our bodies have no existing defenses to fight it
    It's more contagious than any other virus (partially because nobody has antibodies to fight it when it comes in contact)
    It is significantly more deadly than the flu virus (likely 0.6% to 1.5% compared to 0 1%)

These are facts not opinion. If you don't feel these are facts then you won't agree with anything that is or has been done by federal, state and local government officials. It's possible we've overdone it and other approaches may have worked or will work in the future. But this virus is very different than anything we've dealt with in our lifetime.

It's a novel virus. That means it didn't exist in any form before this in humans. That makes it very different from the flu, SARS, MERS, recent H1N1, etc. I tried to find information about the most recent novel virus in the US and the most recent I could find was 1918. If there are others I'm not aware. That's because like everyone else here, I'm not an expert at virology!

It's more contagious than any other virus (partially because nobody has antibodies to fight it when it comes in contact)
    It is significantly more deadly than the flu virus (likely 0.6% to 1.5% compared to 0 1%)

These are facts not opinion. If you don't feel these are facts then you won't agree with anything that is or has been done by federal, state and local government officials. It's possible we've overdone it and other approaches may have worked or will work in the future. But this virus is very different than anything we've dealt with in our lifetime.

All this has been beaten to death in the covid forum. Please keep it there.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    All this has been beaten to death in the covid forum. Please keep it there.
    Understand. He asked me to explain why this is different.

Move the game to the Dome. How awesome would that be.

Depends what you mean exactly by contagious. The R0 certainly isn’t higher than measles, for example, but that assumes a defenseless population, and we certainly have substantial defenses against measles.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Move the game to the Dome. How awesome would that be.
    Very awesome. ESPN top crew. GAMEDAY. PRIMETIME. Penei potential #1 draft pick, Lance potential FCS QB to leave early.

If Oregon is still on partial (sports) lockdown then this would be the Top NEWS story in America from announcement (2 weeks prior?) to gametime. Because of Covid creativity/political factors.

Likely paid protestors.

Trump to game?

It would have a lot or national focus, and everybody gets to see the most beautiful carpet in the world.