View Poll Results: Will Oregon buyout or No?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they are afraid...#SAD

14 19.72%
  • No , they will be MEN and play

57 80.28%
Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Oregon wimp out & buy out?

Default Re: Will Oregon wimp out & buy out?

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Not to save one week but to reduce the number of potential exposures. Somewhat similar to teams/conferences considering dropping all non-conference games and playing a 10-game conference schedule. That's only 2 games less than a full regular season. Part of those discussions are to reduce travel (assuming most conference games are geographically close), but another compromise could be to keep 1 non-conference game. If that were to be the case it would make much more sense to keep OSU over NDSU. This would not be a decision to just delay the season 1 week. If anything the sooner you start the better because we'll possibly be in a somewhat dormant state of the virus over the summer assuming it acts like most viruses.

Back to the scenario. If teams are recommended to get rid of one non-conference game to reduce exposure, it would make much more sense for Oregon to drop NDSU before OSU.
    Doesn't matter how much sense it makes I'll still give them grief for being the "Oregon Ducks (NDSU)".

And if they think us braggadocious Bison fans are annoying now....

Not to save one week but to reduce the number of potential exposures. Somewhat similar to teams/conferences considering dropping all non-conference games and playing a 10-game conference schedule. That's only 2 games less than a full regular season. Part of those discussions are to reduce travel (assuming most conference games are geographically close), but another compromise could be to keep 1 non-conference game. If that were to be the case it would make much more sense to keep OSU over NDSU. This would not be a decision to just delay the season 1 week. If anything the sooner you start the better because we'll possibly be in a somewhat dormant state of the virus over the summer assuming it acts like most viruses.

Back to the scenario. If teams are recommended to get rid of one non-conference game to reduce exposure, it would make much more sense for Oregon to drop NDSU before OSU.
    So “limit exposure” but continue to have games with 20-50k fans the rest of the season because of geographical closeness except for super important ohio state?

How full of crap are you? You cant honestly believe what you typed here.

How many words do you need to string together to defy logic, common sense, and science?

Bigger the “mansplaination” bigger the amount of BS to cover up.

It is an oregon home game- how many dangerous exposures would ndsu bring into the stadium? Assuming most of the 40k other fans will be pretty likely there the following week as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little update from someone who looked at the contract from the Oregon side. Under the Oregon Health Authority recommending no large events through September (recommendation, not an order) Oregon could cancel the game, and the force majeure clause means NDSU wouldn't get their $650k paycheck. The Hawaii contract is $1 million.

Right now the likeliest scenario is that if they have the game it would be either no fans or Autzen at 20-25% capacity. This is going to be a close one. Oregon makes about $4-5 million per home game in ticket sales and concessions. Not sure what the break even point is.

Quote Originally Posted by RatherBeYachting View Post
    A little update from someone who looked at the contract from the Oregon side. Under the Oregon Health Authority recommending no large events through September (recommendation, not an order) Oregon could cancel the game, and the force majeure clause means NDSU wouldn't get their $650k paycheck. The Hawaii contract is $1 million.

Right now the likeliest scenario is that if they have the game it would be either no fans or Autzen at 20-25% capacity. This is going to be a close one. Oregon makes about $4-5 million per home game in ticket sales and concessions. Not sure what the break even point is.
    Move the game to fargo. Ndsu takes espn negotiations. Ndsu pays oregon. Oregon is the non-conference cupcake.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    So “limit exposure” but continue to have games with 20-50k fans the rest of the season because of geographical closeness except for super important ohio state?

How full of crap are you? You cant honestly believe what you typed here.

How many words do you need to string together to defy logic, common sense, and science?

Bigger the “mansplaination” bigger the amount of BS to cover up.

It is an oregon home game- how many dangerous exposures would ndsu bring into the stadium? Assuming most of the 40k other fans will be pretty likely there the following week as well.

It's simple math. 7 home games has less potential exposure than 8 home games. It only takes 1 contact for 2 minutes, but the more things and people you come in contact with the more likely you are to contract it. But all other things being equal you reduce the possible spread via football games by 12.5% by eliminating 1 home game. You reduce it by 50% if you eliminate half the games and you limit by 100% if you cancel the season. I'm not saying they should, but that is simple math.

It's simple math. 7 home games has less potential exposure than 8 home games. It only takes 1 contact for 2 minutes, but the more things and people you come in contact with the more likely you are to contract it. But all other things being equal you reduce the possible spread via football games by 12.5% by eliminating 1 home game. You reduce it by 50% if you eliminate half the games and you limit by 100% if you cancel the season. I'm not saying they should, but that is simple math.
    Why are you worring about exposure unless you are 65+ and live in a nursing home?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

It is simple.

100% will have already been exposed elsewhere.

There will be new viruses exchanged. Some people will get sick.

Just like forever.

Outsmart that.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you haven't figured out this virus is very different than anything else ever seen then you aren't going to understand anything being done to address it. I want to open things up and get back to normal as soon as possible, but I also realize the fact there's a chance this could flare up even worse next year.

If I was in charge I would have all games played as scheduled with as many people as possible in the stands. If they want to wear masks and walk around with hand sanitizer I'm fine with that. If they are in a risk group or commonly around someone in the risk group I would understand if they stayed home. But if I did that I would have something planned and ready to implement if the slightest hint of a spike appears. Doing this would be extremely risky though because this virus is unlike anything we've seen and I could make a horrible mistake.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If you haven't figured out this virus is very different than anything else ever seen then you aren't going to understand anything being done to address it. I want to open things up and get back to normal as soon as possible, but I also realize the fact there's a chance this could flare up even worse next year.

If I was in charge I would have all games played as scheduled with as many people as possible in the stands. If they want to wear masks and walk around with hand sanitizer I'm fine with that. If they are in a risk group or commonly around someone in the risk group I would understand if they stayed home. But if I did that I would have something planned and ready to implement if the slightest hint of a spike appears. Doing this would be extremely risky though because this virus is unlike anything we've seen and I could make a horrible mistake.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Indy I completely agree. It is completely frustrating to me how so many people have seen this as no big deal and have not taken the orders seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by stevdock View Post
    Indy I completely agree. It is completely frustrating to me how so many people have seen this as no big deal and have not taken the orders seriously.

Is it serious or not? Do you agree that games should be played, and stands full, or not?

If it would save just one life i think we should cancel EVERYTHING.

How is that for a virtue signal?

The original point was one NDSU game sacrificed for a MUCH more important OSU game, a week later, in the same stadium, somehow not making oregon chickenshit btw.