View Poll Results: Will Oregon buyout or No?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they are afraid...#SAD

14 19.72%
  • No , they will be MEN and play

57 80.28%
Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Oregon wimp out & buy out?

Default Re: Will Oregon wimp out & buy out?

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    You don't think it would be odd that they cancel NDSU and not OSU? Not in like a "conspiracy theory" kind of way, more like in a "not worth the risk" kinda of way. I think its a pretty obvious take, IF it happens.
    If they come out and say “not worth the risk” to the Oregon football resume, that works, but shows they are wimps.

If they say “not worth the risk” to play NDSU but it is to play OSU because 1 more week to flatten the curve.... that MIGHT be kinda like a group of people conspiring, and agreeing to offer a lie as explanation for how something happened.

Like how Epstein committed suicide.

But hey its still May. Lotta stuff could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    If they come out and say “not worth the risk” to the Oregon football resume, that works, but shows they are wimps.

If they say “not worth the risk” to play NDSU but it is to play OSU because 1 more week to flatten the curve.... that MIGHT be kinda like a group of people conspiring, and agreeing to offer a lie as explanation for how something happened.

Like how Epstein committed suicide.

But hey its still May. Lotta stuff could happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Ohio State game is much more important to them than the NDSU game. If they try to limit the impact I would completely understand dropping us and not them. I expect if they are dropping any games though all non-conference games probably go away.

if Oregon Drops NDSU and Plays Ohio State 1 week later, the College Football community should be up in arms and everyone should come down on Oregon with every outlet possible, Academia will CAVE.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

One game won’t make a hill of beans difference in limiting the impact. If they dropped us and not Ohio St. it’s because they are afraid of the outcome of our game and it would be hilarious...though I would rather they play us

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    if Oregon Drops NDSU and Plays Ohio State 1 week later, the College Football community should be up in arms and everyone should come down on Oregon with every outlet possible, Academia will CAVE.
    Let's say NDSU scheduled to open hosting NW Missouri State and James Madison. Then let's say we had to make some difficult decisions about number of fans and/or number of games and we dropped NW Missouri but not JMU should everyone come down on NDSU? If your answer is the same for both then at least you are consistent.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Let's say NDSU scheduled to open hosting NW Missouri State and James Madison. Then let's say we had to make some difficult decisions about number of fans and/or number of games and we dropped NW Missouri but not JMU should everyone come down on NDSU? If your answer is the same for both then at least you are consistent.

I’m consistent. Dropping a game would be silly. If things haven’t changed enough over months to make any difference by then, one week isn’t going to do anything. Oops you weren’t talking to me. Well my opinion isn’t super valuable...but it’s free

The Ohio State game is much more important to them than the NDSU game. If they try to limit the impact I would completely understand dropping us and not them. I expect if they are dropping any games though all non-conference games probably go away.
    LOL......to save one week!

I see your point but the obvious difference you're not acknowledging is that no D2 team has a history of consistently whooping FCS teams, nor do they have a top 3 QB in all of college football, nor multiple future draft picks on their team, etc.

You're right when comparing FBS/FCS to FCS/D2 (actually not even then, because FBS teams schedule FCS teams EVERY year almost no matter what. FCS teams VERY rarely schedule D2 teams). However if you look at the actual data, NDSU blows up this comparison 100% and anyone who has ever watched college football understands that NDSU isnt some random ass FCS team. Everyone would know that it was because Oregon didnt want to risk losing and nothing else
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

“The Act of God that started half a year ago affected Labor Day weekend but luckily all other weekends after were unscathed”

NDSU likely wouldn’t pursue in court but if they did I would imagine that would have a tough time holding up.

Not to save one week but to reduce the number of potential exposures. Somewhat similar to teams/conferences considering dropping all non-conference games and playing a 10-game conference schedule. That's only 2 games less than a full regular season. Part of those discussions are to reduce travel (assuming most conference games are geographically close), but another compromise could be to keep 1 non-conference game. If that were to be the case it would make much more sense to keep OSU over NDSU. This would not be a decision to just delay the season 1 week. If anything the sooner you start the better because we'll possibly be in a somewhat dormant state of the virus over the summer assuming it acts like most viruses.

Back to the scenario. If teams are recommended to get rid of one non-conference game to reduce exposure, it would make much more sense for Oregon to drop NDSU before OSU.