Thread: Weakest point on the team?

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Weakest point on the team?

Two words:

ManBearPig
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Pretty obvious the kicking is the worst part of the team.
    Meh. .
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Missing a Drevlow/Tanguay/Steidl type NG. Maybe Javier Derritt can be that guy next year. Definitely a need on this team.
    Yeah I think it’s obvious at this point that the Run D is the weakest point.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Yeah I think it’s obvious at this point that the Run D is the weakest point.
    This and mental mistakes. Not sure if one or both will cost us this year but both Ill St then Austin P/Mt St all run the ball really well so we better figure it out.

I'm not going chicken little on the run defense. The Bison stayed in a pretty base defense the whole game. The colonels were alternating between counter and none counter delay run plays making linebackers commit. NDSU could have brought a safety down but it wasn't killing us and the colonels got impatient, threw the ball a couple times, and paid dearly for it because the bison wouldn't leave their defensive gameplan. In fact, watch the game again. There was no fear in Nicholls running the ball and NDSU tightened up in their own territory.

If there was any concern about the way the game went, it had to be penalties. It wasn't just being aggressive, they were at bad times and unnecessary. Lance didn't need help on the TD play with a hold. Bridges is playing receivers with his hands. Stopping when the whistle blows is a fundamental part of the game. Clean it up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Pretty obvious the kicking is the worst part of the team.
    Our starter was suspended. Today's kicker was a walk on freshman. You cant blame him... blame the starter for getting suspended

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Our starter was suspended. Today's kicker was a walk on freshman. You cant blame him... blame the starter for getting suspended
    I blame both.

If our backup misses 2 field goals and an XP, why is he on the team?

I blame both.

If our backup misses 2 field goals and an XP, why is he on the team?
    18 year old freshman debuting in the playoffs on short notice. Cut him some slack. Hes not the starter for a reason. In a few years he could be great but we are a developmental program.. it's not just hey your a freshman and great. It's a learning process

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    I'm not going chicken little on the run defense. The Bison stayed in a pretty base defense the whole game. The colonels were alternating between counter and none counter delay run plays making linebackers commit. NDSU could have brought a safety down but it wasn't killing us and the colonels got impatient, threw the ball a couple times, and paid dearly for it because the bison wouldn't leave their defensive gameplan. In fact, watch the game again. There was no fear in Nicholls running the ball and NDSU tightened up in their own territory.

If there was any concern about the way the game went, it had to be penalties. It wasn't just being aggressive, they were at bad times and unnecessary. Lance didn't need help on the TD play with a hold. Bridges is playing receivers with his hands. Stopping when the whistle blows is a fundamental part of the game. Clean it up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    They’ve been in a base D pretty much all year, no?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    18 year old freshman debuting in the playoffs on short notice. Cut him some slack. Hes not the starter for a reason. In a few years he could be great but we are a developmental program.. it's not just hey your a freshman and great. It's a learning process
    Absolutely. Why was the starter violating rules. Pull it together.