Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Weakest point on the team?

Default Re: Weakest point on the team?

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I blame both.

If our backup misses 2 field goals and an XP, why is he on the team?
    I agree, I have seen quite a few high school kickers who can drill field goals all day from 45 yards with authority. Their most important job is to kick extra points and field goals. Sure, they put importance on a nice kickoff in the corner of the field near the end zone, or an occasional onside kick. I was the punter and kicker on my high school team and back in the early 80's could hit field goals up to 37-40 yards (42 being my max) about 65-70 % of the time (and in college could still kick the ball pretty damn good even though I had no kicking duties). So ANY college kicker these days who basically does nothing during practice but kick and the gym workouts they do to improve leg strength should be KICKING butt. I mean really..... how hard is it for a kicker to physically get themselves in real good shape, I don't see the difficulty there. And the mental part......don't understand it or see that either. When teams would try to ice me in high school...... I thought it was a joke.....the other players and I were in the huddle talking about the next episode of SNL and what Mr. Bill and Sluggo were going to do and then I would just go kick.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    I agree, I have seen quite a few high school kickers who can drill field goals all day from 45 yards with authority. Their most important job is to kick extra points and field goals. Sure, they put importance on a nice kickoff in the corner of the field near the end zone, or an occasional onside kick. I was the punter and kicker on my high school team and back in the early 80's could hit field goals up to 37-40 yards (42 being my max) about 65-70 % of the time (and in college could still kick the ball pretty damn good even though I had no kicking duties). So ANY college kicker these days who basically does nothing during practice but kick and the gym workouts they do to improve leg strength should be KICKING butt. I mean really..... how hard is it for a kicker to physically get themselves in real good shape, I don't see the difficulty there. And the mental part......don't understand it or see that either. When teams would try to ice me in high school...... I thought it was a joke.....the other players and I were in the huddle talking about the next episode of SNL and what Mr. Bill and Sluggo were going to do and then I would just go kick.
    So you’re saying you have never stepped onto the 18th tee with your record low round on the line and hooked the ball into the woods? Um, yeah. OK.
    Don't believe everything you think.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    this 100 percent.. the worst food in any stadium or arena I have ever been in..
    They did the same thing in the SHAC. They booted the real restaurant carts and went all lame food service carts.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We don't have a weak point, per se. We just have a few groups that are simply great instead of exceptional.[/QUOTE]

Fixed it for you.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    They’ve been in a base D pretty much all year, no?
    Not really. We've seen some 4-4 like packages against run heavy teams. The Bison defense has gone all nickel all the time. They stayed in their base Tampa 2 even though this is a run heavy team. I think it was about staying ready for a team that throws bad passes when they do throw. Easily could have dropped a safety to cover the counter but in the long run, their passing game was brutal to the colonels.

Maybe I'm way off but 13 points and punishing results when Nicholls passed, I don't think there was much concern with the overall running attack.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    So you’re saying you have never stepped onto the 18th tee with your record low round on the line and hooked the ball into the woods? Um, yeah. OK.
    There is a difference between just being a little off and missing a field goal and not being mentally and or physically prepared. His field goal attempts did not seem to have any oomph behind them (like he was trying to punch the ball), none of those attempts were from any great distance either. No matter the reason he missed, it still does not change the point I was making. That being that these days, kickers (like any other athlete) are bigger stronger faster than in years past due to training advances. Heck, there are kicking schools and camps just for kickers these days. Far cry from 30 years or even 10 years ago. Sure, the kid was put into a tough spot and I am not mocking or insulting him for it, just stating an obvious fact that for this last game, the kicking was the weakest point on the team.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    They did the same thing in the SHAC. They booted the real restaurant carts and went all lame food service carts.
    Wish they'd fix this. Not sure how details of the work but having good local food options at the shac especially would be so much better than food service crap they replaced it with. Dome would be nice too, but tailgating food is always way better anyway.

I recall back to the second coastal Carolina game when they ran on our defense again and again. I was positive we were gonna lose that game but we pulled it out in the fourth quarter as usual. The Bison defense was great that season but we had a lot of trouble with coastal for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    I recall back to the second coastal Carolina game when they ran on our defense again and again. I was positive we were gonna lose that game but we pulled it out in the fourth quarter as usual. The Bison defense was great that season but we had a lot of trouble with coastal for whatever reason.
    I believe many of the players on defense that year were playing in their 50+ game (a crazy number for college players) and the wear and tear was taking its toll on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Wish they'd fix this. Not sure how details of the work but having good local food options at the shac especially would be so much better than food service crap they replaced it with. Dome would be nice too, but tailgating food is always way better anyway.
    I would guess a big part of it is that local vendors don't find enough value when 800 people show up for a game. Is it worth it for them to buy, prep and throw away food when only 50 people buy something?

A bit of an exaggeration probably but I'm guessing it's much easier and cheaper to have food service so the food. Maybe if we can sustain 3k people there might be options for better eats.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk