Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Weakest point on the team?

Default Re: Weakest point on the team?

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    There was an article about Karcz and his injury in the Forum last week: https://bismarcktribune.com/sports/c...6ea983983.html

Sound like he had a meniscus tear in practice the week before the South Dakota game and had surgery on it. It sounded like he had a chance to play against Nicholls but obviously didn't. I'd assume since it's already been talked about it being possible for him to be back in game action that they just had to repair the damaged meniscus not remove it and I believe the typical recovery time on that is about a month so he's coming up on that (assuming he tore it sometime between 11/12 and 11/14).
    I had a meniscus tear repaired back in 2012. I also chose the optional buff and shine while they were in there.

In post op PT they were most concerned about the knee being “quiet” or not, meaning whether there was swelling or not during or following the PT activity. In my case there was none and I came back to full health in less time than they expected. I think my tear was a pretty simple one though.

If Cole is experiencing any swelling after workouts or lifts I would guess they will continue to hold him back so they don’t have to go back in to correct an unnecessary complication.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There was an article about Karcz and his injury in the Forum last week: https://bismarcktribune.com/sports/c...6ea983983.html

Sound like he had a meniscus tear in practice the week before the South Dakota game and had surgery on it. It sounded like he had a chance to play against Nicholls but obviously didn't. I'd assume since it's already been talked about it being possible for him to be back in game action that they just had to repair the damaged meniscus not remove it and I believe the typical recovery time on that is about a month so he's coming up on that (assuming he tore it sometime between 11/12 and 11/14).
    He did play Saturday according to the participation report.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    I got two things:
    A) Karcz being out has hurt us. He isn't the biggest DT, but he is experienced and strong. He is the closed thing we have to a difference maker at that position. Was told by a former player's mom at the tailgate that he had a minor knee surgery he is trying to heal up from. I think he has missed at least 3 or 4 games now.

B) I know Jabril plays the nickel position for us. But teams that have consistently ran the ball well on us, he is defending the slot. Thats putting him 15 to 20 yards away from the ball. I almost wonder if they shouldn't be keeping him in the box, and subbing in an extra defensive back. Or bring down Tutsie or Hendricks as the nickel, with Weber at safety.

I am just a fan and observer, both of these two things might have been addressed already on this forum.
    I bet teams are seeing B) on tape. You can run 3 and 4 wide sets which pushes Cox to coverage and takes Merc off the field then you can run the ball.

I have felt the Dline this year hasn’t been as dominants as before. Just seems they don’t get a good pass rush without Tuska. But it’s hard to say cuz they the best pass defense in the nation. Which is crazy to think with how often they are ahead big

Penalties to date: NDSU 75 for 687 yards. Opponents 62 for 494 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    He did play Saturday according to the participation report.
    Interesting, he must've been pulled or just was there for emergency purposes since I didn't notice him out there at all. Was a lot of Biegler, Tucker, Ching, and Darnell at DT.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Penalties to date: NDSU 75 for 687 yards. Opponents 62 for 494 yards.
    That’s Just a gross stat!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    I bet teams are seeing B) on tape. You can run 3 and 4 wide sets which pushes Cox to coverage and takes Merc off the field then you can run the ball.
    And it seems obvious we know this as well. When we start “needing” to make a run stop our coverage changes at the snap and Cox comes into the box.

IMHO, we are defensive play calling to win the game, not give up 0 yards rushing. E.g. make the other team execute successfully all the way down the field methodically and score TDs.

Quote Originally Posted by 99Bison View Post
    IMHO, we are defensive play calling to win the game, not give up 0 yards rushing. E.g. make the other team execute successfully all the way down the field methodically and score TDs.
    Agreed, and I guess you can't argue with the results. Braun and Entz's philosophy seems to be banking on the fact that sooner or later before they get to the endzone opposing offenses will get behind the sticks running the ball or they'll get impatient and try to push it down the field with the pass which will also get them behind the sticks.

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Agreed, and I guess you can't argue with the results. Braun and Entz's philosophy seems to be banking on the fact that sooner or later before they get to the endzone opposing offenses will get behind the sticks running the ball or they'll get impatient and try to push it down the field with the pass which will also get them behind the sticks.
    Yep, or make a mistake, get held to fg, etc .

Yes You see certain weaknesses when watching but it’s hard to argue against the results. For example I see CB other than Bridges and pass rush minus Tuska as a weakness but NDSU is #1 on pass defense so is it really a weakness?

Or the inside runs have been a weakness as of late but the team is still #1 in scoring defense. Quick look and the most the first team has given up this year was 16.

I think it’s just weird for us fans to see a Bison team soo mich better at defending the pass and not be be top 10 against the run.