Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Weakest point on the team?

Default Re: Weakest point on the team?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    If we were to play a pretty good FBS team, what would be exposed? Probably the DT and both LB outside Cox.

We also dont really have a decent 3rd corner.
    Agreed on the third corner: Cox shifts out into the field side on many passing downs and basically plays nickel, which is insane at his size.

On the DT conversation: the numbers are a bit down but they've been that way for a few years. In 2017, entire DL only had 21.5 sacks. Steidl and Tanguay started every game that year and combined for 50 total tackles and 1 sack. Drevlow and Perry racked up bigger numbers but did we have the depth then that we do now? I remember them playing a lot of snaps.

For next year, I bet Kaczor adds 10 pounds and beats out Mercadel to start; kids a tackling machine when he's been in. I would also guess that Weerts pushes Hankey hard at the mike. Need one or some of the young DE's to develop, but Waege will be a beast. Same goes for the DT's, but I'm excited to see Derritt and Evans.

Bison fatigue

Fargodome. We need a new indoor stadium like the Tacoma Dome.
    Last edited by 123Gobison; 11-05-2019 at 02:40 PM.

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SafeTeeJ View Post
    Defensive scheme/assignments against RPO teams needs work.
    Certainly. And defensive adjustments when new QBs come in, particularly ones that aren’t likely to be passing threats.

Fargodome security clowns who tell the one guy in Section 17, who stands and yells when the Bison are on defense, to sit down. ��

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I would say the weakest link in this years Bison team is the coaching. Time management, play calling and maybe halftime adjustments/player positioning. (Beginning of the 3 quarter seems to be a gimme for the other teams offense to score points). Now I am in no way saying this is all bad but they definitely need learn and grow which they will. Maybe interior DL would be a close second I guess. Entz is on the right track and will have a record similar or maybe better than Klieman. We shall see.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Well... It's definitely NOT our sixth string true freshman running back.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Well... It's definitely NOT our sixth string true freshman running back.
    I'll 2nd that.

There was a lot of concern over the offseason about the WR group being inexperienced, unproven, and lacking the "wow" player they've had in the past few years with guys like Vraa, Urzendowski, and Shepherd. Can't fault anyone for having those concerns but I'd say they can be put to rest. Christian Watson is putting together an All-Conference caliber season and Sproles and Kepouros have both been very good as well. On the coaches show today they had a graphic that showed that the WR group has accounted for 69 catches for 1172 yards and 6 TDs on the year. Credit to those guys and to new WR coach Noah Pauley on exceeding everyone's expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    There was a lot of concern over the offseason about the WR group being inexperienced, unproven, and lacking the "wow" player they've had in the past few years with guys like Vraa, Urzendowski, and Shepherd. Can't fault anyone for having those concerns but I'd say they can be put to rest. Christian Watson is putting together an All-Conference caliber season and Sproles and Kepouros have both been very good as well. On the coaches show today they had a graphic that showed that the WR group has accounted for 69 catches for 1172 yards and 6 TDs on the year. Credit to those guys and to new WR coach Noah Pauley on exceeding everyone's expectations.
    This...I like Watson, he's tall fast and can catch..
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant