Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
There is a difference between just being a little off and missing a field goal and not being mentally and or physically prepared. His field goal attempts did not seem to have any oomph behind them (like he was trying to punch the ball), none of those attempts were from any great distance either. No matter the reason he missed, it still does not change the point I was making. That being that these days, kickers (like any other athlete) are bigger stronger faster than in years past due to training advances. Heck, there are kicking schools and camps just for kickers these days. Far cry from 30 years or even 10 years ago. Sure, the kid was put into a tough spot and I am not mocking or insulting him for it, just stating an obvious fact that for this last game, the kicking was the weakest point on the team.
All good points. Have you considered that he might just not have the skills? He was #3 coming out of camp. Crosa was #2 and, while accurate, nobody will argue that his leg strength isn’t questionable.

Then he misses his first attempt. All downhill after that and I have to say I understand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk