Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: YSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    We look all-world when playing average and below-average teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    YSU was the 15th best team in the FCS according to the Sagarin ratings.
    And the UNI team NDSU beat by 32 would be seeded if the playoffs started next week.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    His two passes made it clear that he has arm talent and processes the game quickly. He is good enough to be a starter in this league.
    Makes me smile to know that SDSU wanted Zeb pretty badly.

It’s like bizarro Lake Wobegone. Bisonville has a curious relationship with the word average.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Well, I can bitch about losing TOP 24 minutes to 36 and giving up 7-16 3rd down conversions on defense.

So I guess that makes me a better bitch than you!

Wait....
    Well... when you score too quickly, the TOP can get out of hand lol

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post

The last kid sounds honestly scared for his life.
    I believe that was their True-Freshman QB who will probably be someone to deal with for the next three to four years. I also believe he was the top Ohio high school athlete last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

So I guess the offense was on a Roehl.

Qb school.

Qb killer school.

Go Bison!

Lardsin must go!

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

Makes me smile to know that SDSU wanted Zeb pretty badly.
    Makes Zeb smile knowing the bison defense can't tackle him.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by heymch86 View Post
    With Kobe Johnson again having an awesome game, it boggles my mind that he "didn't fit into the game plan" last week. Did the staff give any of the reasons why he didn't fit into the plans last week? Not to rehash all the questionable decisions from a week ago, but Kobe continues to make it clear that he needs more playing time in the backfield or on special teams.
    Many of us don't believe the explanation last week. There was clearly a reason that they just didn't want to say publicly.

When I think about that game yesterday, I think it really shows the clear separation of NDSU from the entire rest of the subdivision. It also shows the last week was a bit of a fluke that it was as close as it was. That was not a bad football team they played yesterday. I think we're seeing the culmination of Chris Klieman recruiting. He flat out said that NDSU had more depth than K-State....

With that said, enjoy this. I honestly don't see anybody beating these guys and it could end up going down as the most surprising year of bison football ever. I'm just so praying for another Friday night semifinal tailgate, the single most glorious day of the football year.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    When I think about that game yesterday, I think it really shows the clear separation of NDSU from the entire rest of the subdivision. It also shows the last week was a bit of a fluke that it was as close as it was. That was not a bad football team they played yesterday. I think we're seeing the culmination of Chris Klieman recruiting. He flat out said that NDSU had more depth than K-State....

With that said, enjoy this. I honestly don't see anybody beating these guys and it could end up going down as the most surprising year of bison football ever. I'm just so praying for another Friday night semifinal tailgate, the single most glorious day of the football year.
    I think there are a few teams/programs within spitting distance of the Bison like SDSU, JMU, and Weber but this year is a testament to the program that Bohl and Klieman have built because of how many new faces are contributing. The scary thing for the rest of the subdivision is that this is a young team that is only going to get better over the next year or three. They'll return 8 of 11 starters on offense next year, two of those being at TE and RB which are both among the deepest positions on the team.

That said they're still a young team that has shown lapses from time to time but the encouraging thing is they've shown the resiliency in those situations to reset themselves and still make enough plays to win games and win handily in most cases.

Zero 2pt tries. It's like I don't even know who this team is anymore.