Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Southern Ill

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Southern Ill

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    I’m going to walk up and buy. Last time I walked up. Didn’t have to buy.
    Last time we were there we didn't have to buy either. Veteran appreciation day. Dad being an Air Force veteran got a free ticket and free guest ticket as well. Worked out pretty well for the two of us!!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Made to Carbondale. Time to hit a pub.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm waiting for my wife to get home so I can leave

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So much dicking around... finally getting out of Louisville. Headed to Marion.

I’m excited for this game. SIU has been on a good run and they beaten the lower-level MVFC teams pretty solidly. Will be fun to see how we perform and show heading into playoffs and knowing we are top 4 regardless of a loss. A good win will tell us this young team is focused and ready for more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

BattleBorn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The party is at Just one More in Marion. And by party, I mean me.

Things I’ll be watching today include:

- I always ask, can (SIU)’s offense keep NDSU’s offense off the field?
    The last 2 up-tempo teams did not, so perhaps something different?
    How ‘bout a team that has two 900 yard rushers, and features some wildcat with it’s big back? Now that might work better!
    Javon Williams is that big RB/Wildcat - a 6’ 1” 239 RFR, 6.6 ypc - yikes! South Dakota’s QB had some success running up the middle against NDSU. Will SIU try that?
    Senior D.J. Davis is the other 900+ rusher, Ty Brooks-sized at 5’ 8” 170 - 5.4 ypc.
    Another familiar name on offense is WR Landon Lenoir (39 rec, 15.2 ypc, 3 TD’s). He is the younger brother to former Western Illinois star Lance Lenoir, who is currently with the Dallas Cowboys. Also is a cousin to Viking 1st round pick Laquon Treadwell, but I won’t hold that against him

- Can SIU serve up some chinn music?
    I always enjoy watching NFL prospects for other FCS teams. But I forgot to do so when NDSU played Delaware and it’s safety, Nassir Adderley. Sometimes it is easy to watch the front 7 on D and not pay attention to the deep backs. Adderley ended up being a 2nd round draft pick so will try to watch Saluki DB Jeremy Chinn (#2). Have seen the 6’ 3” 212 SR projected as high as the 3rd round, so he sounds like a talent. And how do the Salukis use him today? Run stopper/run blitzer or center fielder against Trey Lance? Or both?

- IIRC the Bison have not allowed more than 1 QB sack in a game. Can SIU get pressure against Lance? Two players, DE Anthony Knighton (#11) and OLB Makel Calhoun (#20) both have 6 sacks and the team itself is ranked nationally. But a grain of salt there is 9 of their sacks came against Youngstown - and the ‘Guins have had some bad games.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 11-23-2019 at 01:39 PM.

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Things I’ll be watching today include:

- I always ask, can (SIU)’s offense keep NDSU’s offense off the field?
    The last 2 up-tempo teams did not, so perhaps something different?
    How ‘bout a team that has two 900 yard rushers, and features some wildcat with it’s big back? Now that might work better!
    Javon Williams is that big RB/Wildcat - a 6’ 1” 239 RFR, 6.6 ypc - yikes! South Dakota’s QB had some success running up the middle against NDSU. Will SIU try that?
    Senior D.J. Davis is the other 900+ rusher, Ty Brooks-sized at 5’ 8” 170 - 5.4 ypc.
    Another familiar name on offense is WR Landon Lenoir (39 rec, 15.2 ypc, 3 TD’s). He is the younger brother to former Western Illinois star Lance Lenoir, who is currently with the Dallas Cowboys. Also is a cousin to Viking 1st round pick Laquon Treadwell, but I won’t hold that against him

- Can SIU serve up some chinn music?
    I always enjoy watching NFL prospects for other FCS teams. But I forgot to do so when NDSU played Delaware and it’s safety, Nassir Adderley. Sometimes it is easy to watch the front 7 on D and not pay attention to the deep backs. Adderley ended up being a 2nd round draft pick so will try to watch Saluki DB Jeremy Chinn (#2). Have seen the 6’ 3” 212 SR projected as high as the 3rd round, so he sounds like a talent. And how do the Salukis use him today? Run stopper/run blitzer or center fielder against Trey Lance? Or both?

- IIRC the Bison have not allowed more than 1 QB sack in a game. Can SIU get pressure against Lance? Two players, DE Anthony Knighton (#11) and OLB Makel Calhoun (#20) both have 6 sacks and the team itself is ranked nationally. But a grain of salt there is 9 of their sacks came against Youngstown - and the ‘Guins have had some bad games.
    Jeremy Chinn is from Indy and originally committed to UND! I remember being shocked when I saw that news and didn't notice when he switched.

In addition to those two backs SIU has a true freshman RB from the same school as Michael Tutsie and Shakir Bell. Romeir Elliott has a chance to be special in FCS. He rushed for over 3000 yards and 38 TDs his senior year against the best teams in the state. He did this with Jeff George's son at QB and a receiver who played significant time at Purdue this Fall. He's only 5'5" and 188 lbs but he's strong and fast.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sport...is/2368557002/

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

KVLY says Jabril Cox is in the lineup today!

And KVLY says Aaron Mercadel probable today at LB.
    Also at LB, they say Jaxon Brown out with a broken wrist.