Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Yeah, no way this changes anything. It will only lure kids Like James Johaneson away from us- who we dont need. Anyone who is lured away by a snake oil salesmen we absolutely do not need. If you go PWO at Gophs instead of full ride at NDSU- you arent a smart human being, and wont be an asset to our program. Its a full scale display that you are not mature and are still a child if you cant see the difference between the two situations for what they are.

No. Fleck will have next to zero impact on our recruiting. Hes going for hot shots from sunny states with rape allegations-we're going for hardworking kids who put others before themselves.
    He basically could have had anyone on our team he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Equating domestic history with work history is not fair, imo.
    Bringing it up is boarish.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Equating domestic history with work history is not fair, imo.
    Only insomuch as equating recruits personal and social media lives with their scholarship opportunities.

I think Bobby Petrino, hugh Freeze's personal life may have SOME correlation to their work history. Its not at all inappropriate to look at someones personal life to see how they may act in their professional life?

If you're a trash person in your personal life, you probably will be a trash person professionally, and visa versa. to disagree is to ignore reality.

The question is, is PJ Fleck a trash person? I dont THINK so, but that isnt to say we should ignore everyone's personal life when trying to determine what kind of employee they are/would be. To ignore their personal life and their personal choices is to ignore what is very likely the single best indicator of who a person REALLY is.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    So you going to put down Bohl, Taylor and Klieman for moving on????? May be question you on your divorce????

Thought you had me on ignore.
    there's a "view post" that i can click on when people message me telling that you said something moronic again.
    Bohl actually proves my post

taylor/klieman nope.

me? i didn't leave because of a girl, i had a whole summer of chasing girls, not just 1. once again, i shouldnt of even responded since you cant follow along. back to the dark ages for you, and people... don't PM me what he says.

and to answer the question PJ FLECK won't hurt NDSU, might even help us!

and to back up this discussion

PJ FLECK WILL LEAVE MINNESOTA FOR THE VERY 1ST OFFER HE GETS.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    He basically could have had anyone on our team he wanted.
    But he didnt. If he did take a kid or two, SOMEHOW I think we would skimp by. What I'm saying is, anyone who actually goes like JJ- we do not need. Idk about you but I think we found a few RBs not named JJ that ended up working out in the long run. But sure, is someone wants a PWO at the gophers, they are more than welcome to fill everyone's water bottles and kiss his ass all day long and not play.

We do not need the kids who cant see right through the faux gopher prestige for the circus it really is.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Only insomuch as equating recruits personal and social media lives with their scholarship opportunities.

I think Bobby Petrino, hugh Freeze's personal life may have SOME correlation to their work history. Its not at all inappropriate to look at someones personal life to see how they may act in their professional life?

If you're a trash person in your personal life, you probably will be a trash person professionally, and visa versa. to disagree is to ignore reality.

The question is, is PJ Fleck a trash person? I dont THINK so, but that isnt to say we should ignore everyone's personal life when trying to determine what kind of employee they are/would be. To ignore their personal life and their personal choices is to ignore what is very likely the single best indicator of who a person REALLY is.
    Perhaps it’s too much of a broad stroke to say “personal life” or “domestic history,” especially if circumstances are questionable or legally concerning. Over 50% of marriages end in divorce for a variety of reasons, including infidelity. I don’t think it’s fair to say that anyone who has a marriage that didn’t work out for one reason or another doesn’t have other good qualities that would help him succeed in work or life, or in this particular case, be a loyal coach and stick around for longer than anticipated. And let’s say he does do well enough to get a better P5 job, who would blame him for moving on?

I get the analogy, I just don’t think it’s fair.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

You are going to extremes with your analogy that dosent apply here. Either does the extrapolation. He prefaced a post with a taudry comment which is and was the point. It had no place in the discussion.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    there's a "view post" that i can click on when people message me telling that you said something moronic again.
    Bohl actually proves my post

taylor/klieman nope.

me? i didn't leave because of a girl, i had a whole summer of chasing girls, not just 1. once again, i shouldnt of even responded since you cant follow along. back to the dark ages for you, and people... don't PM me what he says.

and to answer the question PJ FLECK won't hurt NDSU, might even help us!

and to back up this discussion

PJ FLECK WILL LEAVE MINNESOTA FOR THE VERY 1ST OFFER HE GETS.
    So what youre saying is you are no better than Fleck? Is this what they call projection or self lothing?

Agree with your last paragraph.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

fleck left his wife and kids FOR another girl WHILE married. (the equivalent of leaving a current program for another)
    my gawd you are bad at this.

looking at NDSU recruits in last 5 years, I don't see many Minnesota PWO's either. Noah Gindorf said NO to PJ Fleck for a Full Ride though. so that's 1 ! Travis Yohnke had a walk on offer . couple of 2020 recruits have gopher walk on offers, but not "PWO" offers. big difference
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?