Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

Quote Originally Posted by bisontown View Post
    Or the performance of his team on the field and all over the community got him the raise, but semantics I guess.....
    Can’t have one without the other I guess. He’s not involved in rumors if they are 5-3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisontown View Post
    Or the performance of his team on the field and all over the community got him the raise, but semantics I guess.....
    All the stars aligned with this year's schedule. He'll never be 8-0 with the Gophers again.

But, I suppose he deserves to be paid in the top half of the B1G. That's not as high of a bar as it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Kind of funny how the college football world works. The rumor mill got him a pay raise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember back in the day when each time Michigan fired a coach, Les Miles would get a raise from LSU?
    Hail the BISON!!!

I do give the guy credit as he played his hand masterfully. I was reading Gopher-hole posts today and their fans are predicting the Gophs by 13-17 pts this weekend. Wow! Ive actually watched a decent amount of the Goph's and I'd put $100 on Penn state to cover -6.5 favorite in a heart beat. If Penn State isnt 15 better than MN. than the Bison better move to FBS because these teams being in the top 10 range arent scaring anybody from the outside. Actaully, Im picking Penn ST. 42-13.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    It's big time college sports. Its just more buyout money for everyone involved.
    Correct. If Florida State wants him badly enough, they'll get some donors to pony up for whatever is needed. That's essentially what they did to be able to fire Taggert.

Fleck's played the bottom of each division, plus barely beat SDSU, Fresno St, and Georgia Southern. His best win has been Nebraska, 60th in Sagarin this week.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Fleck just signed an extension through 2026. I’m sure he’s thankful that got done before Penn St. game.
    Seriously, just when I think the Goophs can't get any dumber, they top themselves.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DM05 View Post
    Correct. If Florida State wants him badly enough, they'll get some donors to pony up for whatever is needed. That's essentially what they did to be able to fire Taggert.

Fleck's played the bottom of each division, plus barely beat SDSU, Fresno St, and Georgia Southern. His best win has been Nebraska, 60th in Sagarin this week.
    Fleck has a model. It does not involve taking over successful programs. He's not going to get offers from Michigan and Notre Dame. His ceiling is MN or a Tennessee in a bad spot.

Year 1 Tear it down, go 4-8. Zero expectations (ala year zero)
    Year 2. Claim to be the youngest team in the history of the world. Win 1 more game than year 1. You had some bad loses, but that one birdie at Wisconsin keeps everyone on board.
    Year 3. Go .500, and declare that you are following a process and are right on schedule.
    Year 4. Have a bad schedule and win 9-10 games. Everyone's in love with you a year after you were almost fired. The year 4 out is a strong option if the money's on the table.
    Year 5. The Stars align and you have a shot to win your division. Your work is done here, move on and make more money. The next reclamation project is waiting.

He's ahead of schedule in Minnesota.

Signing before the Penn State (next four games) VERY GOOD PLAY MAHOMEY!!!!

Here is the thing. Nobody is arguing that the schedule has been easy. Gophers have had easy schedules before, but very rarely are 8-0. Every big ten game has been a blowout. Years past the gophs had to squeeze by Rutgers and gotten killed by Maryland. That is why this feels different. Tall order against penn state. If mn can keep it close they have a chance in the end. Penn states offense isn’t great, and with the playmakers the gophers have on offense, they should be able to keep up. Or penn state wins by 30, and the gophers keep building.

Woof. Gophs gonna regret that in a couple years. 7 more years of Fleck??? So glad to not be a fan of a team that has to grasp at ifs and butts.