Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I still don't know what the discussion is all about. They beat a bunch of bad teams by alot and a pretty good team. They've had a good season, we've seen this before though, remember 2003? I'll wait and see how they finish and what happens next year before I start worrying about them affecting NDSU in any way shape or form. Personally I don't expect them to have any impact on what NDSU does no matter how great they are so not sure why we should even care. If your a closet goofer fan than have fun at gopherhole.
    I have been a Gopher fan since I was a kid. Doug Beaudoin, Ricky Upchurch back in the day. As a NDSU student during the DII era I became a Bison fan but still pulled for the Gophers in the Big 10. When we played and beat them I was ecstatic.

Your arguement about the Gophers playing bad teams is questionable at best. Illinois, Nebraska etc..all have much higher Sagarin rankings then anyone NDSU has played. If your comparing their schedule to LSU I agree, weak schedule.

If you don't care about Minnesota why are you even posting on this thread?? If you don't know what the discussion is about maybe you shouldn't comment. God forbid anyone compliments another program on Bisonville!

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    So you’re saying that Bison fans are more apt to follow their team in a down year than Gophers because there’s more to do in the TC? I don’t know... seems like a bit of a cop out that I’m not willing to give them. You either love your college football team or you don’t. I think our fans are better because everything about our tradition is better.
    Well I was talking about Gopher fans. I don’t think I made any reference to Bison fans other than myself.

It’s an interesting question though. During my lifetime, which is no doubt quite a bit longer than most others here, there has not been a sustained period of Bison program failure. It appears that I will never know what Bison fans might be like during such a period. Conversely we cannot know how Gopher fans might act during a period of sustained program success. Bandwagon got loaded up pretty quickly though with all the hype here for last weekend.

Back in town here Sunday I took the dogs over to the dog park for a walk and I saw a number of people wearing maroon and gold hats, jerseys and of course hockey sweaters. In five years going to that dog park I have never seen that before.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Apples/oranges, maybe, but I wouldn’t exactly describe ‘08 - ‘09 as ”banner years” for our program.
    Really, two bad years in a row?! Try 25 or 50 down years in a row with maybe a couple 9-3's mixed in every 8 years or so. Then see what the band wagon looks like.....

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    I have been a Gopher fan since I was a kid. Doug Beaudoin, Ricky Upchurch back in the day. As a NDSU student during the DII era I became a Bison fan but still pulled for the Gophers in the Big 10. When we played and beat them I was ecstatic.

Your arguement about the Gophers playing bad teams is questionable at best. Illinois, Nebraska etc..all have much higher Sagarin rankings then anyone NDSU has played. If your comparing their schedule to LSU I agree, weak schedule.

If you don't care about Minnesota why are you even posting on this thread?? If you don't know what the discussion is about maybe you shouldn't comment. God forbid anyone compliments another program on Bisonville!
    SEMOBISON; I agree with you as well. why cant Bison fans have favorite Gopher D1 team and their own favorite Bison D2 team. I am a huge Bison fan and cant wait for the time when we compete Division 1.

Well the thread is about Fleck weakening the herd not complimenting the goofers so said my peace. I'll let you continue your circle jerk. Funny how all of you goofer fans have come out of the closets this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Well the thread is about Fleck weakening the herd not complimenting the goofers so said my peace. I'll let you continue your circle jerk. Funny how all of you goofer fans have come out of the closets this week.
    And when we hang another D2 banner this January I will be right there celebrating another Natty title, GO BISON!!!

Just to be clear, the Bison have played Saragin rated: #96,108,120,143,145, and are preparing for a vicious battle with #132 this weekend, ending the season with a team outside #150. Other wins not listed were comprised of teams outside the top #150. It always seems like a numbers game with everybody else so I thought I would throw a few more in the FIRE!

Lol Gopher fans are so cute. I just hope we can extract enough cuteness to last us the next 60 year hibernation

The comments aren’t in this thread aren’t comparing NDSU and Minnesota’s schedule. It’s comparing Minnesota’s schedule to the upper echelon of the FBS, which was floated in this thread multiple times that Minnesota belongs in now.

Anyone who thinks NDSU’s schedule compares with Minnesota’s is an idiot

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The gopher fans that have been sick of the Bison the last 14 years now have something to be proud of. Good for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk