Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Pump. The. Brakes.
    I mean, you could say that same thing if they go into the final game of the year with zero losses...Pump The Brakes! They might LOSE this game!
    Good to see the midwestern negative outlook still going strong. Is it possible they end up losing two out of the last three? Sure, it is, just like it's possible for any team to lose at any given time.
    I think what PJ said in his post game presser rings true for you...

"I'm sure there was some people on the final drive who said, 'Oh, here we go again.' Gotta let go of all of that. Fifty years ago, 40 years ago, 30 years ago, 20 years ago, 10 years ago, we've got to change at some point. "

They just beat a team that the national scene considered to be the #4 team in the nation, and in the CFB playoff talk...would it matter to you if they beat Alabama instead? Or LSU?

I'm sure if they lose one game this year, and lose to Ohio St. in Big Ten Title, game, you'll be back here saying they were a let down again, and no where near competing with the big dogs, but the bottom line is that PJ has done an amazing job, with average talent for the most part. They play two top 25 ranked teams in the last 3 games, so they have a tough schedule ahead of them for sure.
    After watching their first 3 games of the year, could anyone imagine they would be where they are now? Pretty sure thats is coaching all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    I mean, you could say that same thing if they go into the final game of the year with zero losses...Pump The Brakes! They might LOSE this game!
    Good to see the midwestern negative outlook still going strong. Is it possible they end up losing two out of the last three? Sure, it is, just like it's possible for any team to lose at any given time.

"I'm sure there was some people on the final drive who said, 'Oh, here we go again.' Gotta let go of all of that. Fifty years ago, 40 years ago, 30 years ago, 20 years ago, 10 years ago, we've got to change at some point. "

They just beat a team that the national scene considered to be the #4 team in the nation, and in the CFB playoff talk...would it matter to you if they beat Alabama instead? Or LSU?

I'm sure if they lose one game this year, and lose to Ohio St. in Big Ten Title, game, you'll be back here saying they were a let down again, and no where near competing with the big dogs, but the bottom line is that PJ has done an amazing job, with average talent for the most part. They play two top 25 ranked teams in the last 3 games, so they have a tough schedule ahead of them for sure.
    After watching their first 3 games of the year, could anyone imagine they would be where they are now? Pretty sure thats is coaching all the way.
    This post is going to age beautifully

He's not coaching them, so I have no idea what your point is...
    Too obtuse? Sorry, my bad. You made a statement to the effect that it will/would be <some superlative here> to see what PJ does with his own recruits following a spectacular season at Minnesota. My point is that you are about as likely to see that as you are seeing what he is doing with his recruits at Western Michigan. You emphasized my point perfectly. If he wins two more games this year he won’t be coaching Minnesota Football.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Get with the program, dude. You're only allowed to bash the Goofs on bisonville. If you're gonna offer up praise you gotta disguise it better.

Quote Originally Posted by BadlandsBison View Post
    Football Scoop thinks that Michigan could make a run at Fleck if Harbaugh decides to leave. I hope that happens.
    What will all those Gopher fans do with their Row The Boat shirts?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    What will all those Gopher fans do with their Row The Boat shirts?
    They’ll have to go down to the Mississippi and cheer on the skulling team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

I know a few pretty die-hard Gopher fans. Note, I said “A few.” These guys invited me to their tailgate for the TCF game in 2011. They follow the team closely regardless of how well they are doing. After Saturday’s upset, I offered up my congratulations to them because I know they were there and I know they care. Those are the fans that deserve the congrats.

The majority of Gopher fans are more like what I had experienced living in the Twin Cities for a decade during “the run.” ...they would hang around the place I was watching the Bison game and cheer for a team they’ve never heard of because they were playing a team who shouldn’t be better than them, but was (and still is). I remember the Furman playoff game a few years ago in particular. After a few rowdy cheers in favor of Furman from a couple of guys wearing Gopher gear, I turned to them and asked “you must be pretty big Furman fans?”

They didn’t say a fucking word and they eventually left. Not because I’m intimidating or anything (I’m not, ask TAB), I think they were just too embarrassed.

Bottom line, I think if you’re not seeing a lot of love for the Gophers from everyone here it’s because of shit like this. They are the most fair weather fans I’ve witnessed, and most of them don’t deserve to enjoy the recognition their team is getting, even if the team, coach, and a few odd fans deserve it, which they do.

Just my 2 cents...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

To me it comes down to two schools that are on completely opposite ends of the spectrum. Just think how much NDSU has maximized what they have and contrast it with how little success the Gophers have had with their resources. I get UM "fans" clapping back at NDSU fans, I'm sure it gets annoying.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

When you post about them winning the Big 10 and being a perennial national title contender after their only win against a ranked opponent, I'll say "pump the brakes".

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    When you post about them winning the Big 10 and being a perennial national title contender after their only win against a ranked opponent, I'll say "pump the brakes".
    Alabama has zero wins against a team that is ranked in the top 25....As does Oregon....oh, and Clemson as well.

Never said they would be title contenders this year either, but your Fox News journalism has taken over.

They can compete for Big 10 championship this year, definitely, if they go 2-1 their last three games...is that not completely clear to you?