Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

Minnesota has had a relatively untested schedule up until recently. Their lone T25 win is Iowa, and their next best win is probably Illinois (which is a surprisingly decent team this year). If they can beat Wisconsin, then I don’t think any of us can reasonably mock them this year as they have taken care of business when they needed to. Their only loss is to a darn good Penn State team.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Minnesota has had a relatively untested schedule up until recently. Their lone T25 win is Iowa, and their next best win is probably Illinois (which is a surprisingly decent team this year). If they can beat Wisconsin, then I don’t think any of us can reasonably mock them this year as they have taken care of business when they needed to. Their only loss is to a darn good Penn State team.
    I think they might have beat Penn state and lost to Iowa but like you I really could care less how they do

Lardsin must go!

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Too much to drink last night?

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by scottietohottie View Post
    I think they might have beat Penn state and lost to Iowa but like you I really could care less how they do
    You are correct. I got it twisted in my head. They lost to a good Iowa team and beat a good Penn State team.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I will gladly mock the gophers any chance I get. Regardless of how they do against the badgers, they are still the gophers.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I will gladly mock the gophers any chance I get. Regardless of how they do against the badgers, they are still the gophers.
    I beg to differ. You can quibble about schedule all you want but this is not the Minnesota Gopher Football team you have known your entire life. This animal is different. As long as PJ is here my guess it the future will be different than the past half century.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

The difference is other than first few games they absolutely beat the teams they should have beat. They lost to Iowa after essentially beating them in a lot of areas of the game other than the score. They beat a legit Penn State team. Wisconsin will be another test. They pull that off they'll get the ultimate eye test with Ohio.

Other people not all just connected to Minnesota have commented on how the culture has shifted at Minnesota since pj is there. Who knows what his true ambitions are but it would be cool to watch from afar someone turn that dumpster fire around.

It definitely takes someone with that over the top enthusiastic mentality to do such a turnaround.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Here's their 2020 schedule, they'll start the year 4-3, if they're lucky. Bubble burst.
    https://gophersports.com/sports/football/schedule/2020

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Gameday will be in the Twin Cities for Gophs v Badgers next week...
    looks like all that whining finally paid off...

Whining isn’t going to get you game day. Like any show they are looking for ratings and good stories. Minnesota and Wisconsin is a big story this weekend! First place in the West and and the Ax are on the line Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk