Page 19 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

Default Re: Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Alabama has zero wins against a team that is ranked in the top 25....As does Oregon....oh, and Clemson as well.

Never said they would be title contenders this year either, but your Fox News journalism has taken over.

They can compete for Big 10 championship this year, definitely, if they go 2-1 their last three games...is that not completely clear to you?
    Minnesota isn't Alabama or Oregon or Clemson. Pump the brakes.

Scooter1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think that Minnesota success may have a factor in recruiting if they follow up with a good season next year. NDSU doesn't win many even up scholorship battles with the big 10. Where I see a factor is getting that preferred walk on (like a Gindorf) to choose NDSU and a scholarship. People want to play for winners and the gophers have exceeded expectations. Time will tell I guess.

North Side is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    I think that Minnesota success may have a factor in recruiting if they follow up with a good season next year. NDSU doesn't win many even up scholorship battles with the big 10. Where I see a factor is getting that preferred walk on (like a Gindorf) to choose NDSU and a scholarship. People want to play for winners and the gophers have exceeded expectations. Time will tell I guess.
    agree with your statement, overall I feel like the gophers playing poorly can only be a good or neutral thing for NDSU, gophers playing well is either neutral or bad for NDSU

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    I know a few pretty die-hard Gopher fans. Note, I said “A few.” These guys invited me to their tailgate for the TCF game in 2011. They follow the team closely regardless of how well they are doing. After Saturday’s upset, I offered up my congratulations to them because I know they were there and I know they care. Those are the fans that deserve the congrats.

The majority of Gopher fans are more like what I had experienced living in the Twin Cities for a decade during “the run.” ...they would hang around the place I was watching the Bison game and cheer for a team they’ve never heard of because they were playing a team who shouldn’t be better than them, but was (and still is). I remember the Furman playoff game a few years ago in particular. After a few rowdy cheers in favor of Furman from a couple of guys wearing Gopher gear, I turned to them and asked “you must be pretty big Furman fans?”

They didn’t say a fucking word and they eventually left. Not because I’m intimidating or anything (I’m not, ask TAB), I think they were just too embarrassed.

Bottom line, I think if you’re not seeing a lot of love for the Gophers from everyone here it’s because of shit like this. They are the most fair weather fans I’ve witnessed, and most of them don’t deserve to enjoy the recognition their team is getting, even if the team, coach, and a few odd fans deserve it, which they do.

Just my 2 cents...

Must be pretty big Furman fans LMFAO that's an absolute classic heff! This buds , 4 u buddy I'm rolling over here

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Am I the only one who thinks most competent teams with a pulse (including NDSU) would be 9-0 or 8-1 with the gophs schedule? The tip of the hat thing to me is gophs actually appear competent for a change.
    Go Bison.

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter1 View Post
    Gindorf had a late scholarship offer from Minnesota.

Quote Originally Posted by Facts View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks most competent teams with a pulse (including NDSU) would be 9-0 or 8-1 with the gophs schedule? The tip of the hat thing to me is gophs actually appear competent for a change.
    Their Sagarin schedule rank is 70th which puts them pretty squarely on par with a typical G5 schedule. I’m impressed that they were undefeated before penn state and I’m impressed that they beat Penn State, but to think this means sustained dominance moving forward is to neglect a lot of context. List off the B10 teams that Minnesota hasn’t played to this point and I think most would agree we’re seeing a lot of similarities between 2019 Gophers and 2016 Fighting Hawks.

That’s a very generous description of their schedule to date. Nobody in the SEC, PAC12, or Big XII has played a weaker slate and only Indiana in the B1G.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by Facts View Post
    It's something we will never know playing Division 2.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    It's something we will never know playing Division 2.
    Wait I thought we were Division 3?? P5, G5, FCS

Lmao troll