Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    They suck, but yet are a top ten team in in the nation? Man, I love to hate on the Gophers after decades of being average to terrible, but give PJ some credit...he has turned this program around. Do you think Jerry Kill, Tim Brewster, Glen Mason would be 9-0 at this point and beat a team ranked #4 in the entire nation? If they lose one game this year, all the haters will say they choked, etc...give a man some credit, he's done a great job. I thought he was another snake oil salesman myself when he came in, but he's proven me wrong. In 2 to 3 more years, after he has had time to really recruit and establish a winning culture, I think Minnesota will be a top Big Ten team ever year, along the lines of Wisconsin/Iowa.
    I'm finally a believer. I don't like his shtick either but he has changed the culture and is doing things the right way. This is a well coached team.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    PJ won't hurt the Bison because he will not be in Minnesota that much longer.
    Unlike when Lou was here, the Stadium is first class and expandable to 80K. Facilities are in the process of being upgraded. They could probably pull together the resources to keep him. But would they? We'll probably find out about this time next year if they redo his contract or not.

dare I say, compete for national titles year in and year out?
    Pump. The. Brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Pump. The. Brakes.
    I don’t agree with you often, but I do here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Pump. The. Brakes.
    You must work for CNN or Fox News, cuz you are really good at taking half a sentence from a quote, and taking it out of context.

I literally said if he continues to build at the pace he has, they could be contenders in 2-3 years...If you go 11-1 in the Big Ten, you are def in the conversation for playoffs, and the big ten west is not super strong. Iowa/Wisky/ tend to be top 25, but not world beaters. You play them every year, and mix in Ohio St. and Michigan during certain years...other than Ohio St., none of those are super scary if you're a good team.. It's very possible they could be 11-1 this year during the regular season...that gets you in the big ten title game, and you win that, you are in the playoffs....this gophers team is not world beaters by any means this year, but they have a chance to get to the big ten title game. So, what I was saying, is imagine when PJ actually has a chance to recruit athletes...

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Gophers still suck. Is this a Gopher board or a Bison board? No tradition im Minneapolis. Flash in the pan. Row the rotten canoe. Goofs still too scared to to play the Bison in football.
    Exactly, can we now throw this into the HoS thread.
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

Honestly watching the Gopher game yesterday.... They reminded me of NDSU. Thru looked sharp, played smart error free football.. no extra stupid, "look at me" shit
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    Honestly watching the Gopher game yesterday.... They reminded me of NDSU. Thru looked sharp, played smart error free football.. no extra stupid, "look at me" shit
    I actually think NDSU does not do that like they used to. It's been getting a little bit worse each year since Bohl left IMO. They have a lot more talent that makes up for it.

I literally said if he continues to build at the pace he has, they could be contenders in 2-3 years...If you go 11-1 in the Big Ten, you are def in the conversation for playoffs, and the big ten west is not super strong. Iowa/Wisky/ tend to be top 25, but not world beaters. You play them every year, and mix in Ohio St. and Michigan during certain years...other than Ohio St., none of those are super scary if you're a good team.. It's very possible they could be 11-1 this year during the regular season...that gets you in the big ten title game, and you win that, you are in the playoffs....this gophers team is not world beaters by any means this year, but they have a chance to get to the big ten title game. So, what I was saying, is imagine when PJ actually has a chance to recruit athletes...
    Pump. The. Brakes.

Pump. The. Brakes.
    They only have to win two of the last three to get there. Northwestern is not good, and they should be favored against Iowa and Wisconsin. At this point if they don't win the West, it will be a letdown.

You must work for CNN or Fox News, cuz you are really good at taking half a sentence from a quote, and taking it out of context.

Just for a point of reference Western Michigan has gone 6-6 in 2017, 7-6 in 2018 and is 6-4 this year thus far since PJ decamped for Minnesota. Not sure how they would have done had he stayed but this is the actual data for the situation on the ground. Fleck was at Western Michigan for three years so they have been using his recruits for these last three seasons.