Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

Favorite quote from the gophs game. The last time they were 9-0 five states hadn’t even joined the United States.

Comparison. The last time the bison were 9-0. Last week or last year take your pick.

I'll be the first one to tip my hat to the Gophers, what i have seen prior under Fleck I was not impressed, especially the first three or four games this year. That team is well coached right now and playing really well. I see them winning the next three as easily as losing a couple close games, they are on a roll though. Two NFL wide receivers and at least one NFL RB.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    They only have to win two of the last three to get there. Northwestern is not good, and they should be favored against Iowa and Wisconsin. At this point if they don't win the West, it will be a letdown.
    Minnesota just had their first quality win of the year after going undefeated through the bottom of the Big 10 and a very easy out of conference schedule. I know this is a new thing for Minnesota to be undefeated at this point of the season, but before we crown them Big 10 Champs and have them competing for national titles year in and year out... maybe we should "pump the brakes" at bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    They only have to win two of the last three to get there. Northwestern is not good, and they should be favored against Iowa and Wisconsin. At this point if they don't win the West, it will be a letdown.
    Fivethirtyeight and Sagarin favor Iowa. Sagarin favors Wisconsin today.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    I'll be the first one to tip my hat to the Gophers, what i have seen prior under Fleck I was not impressed, especially the first three or four games this year. That team is well coached right now and playing really well. I see them winning the next three as easily as losing a couple close games, they are on a roll though. Two NFL wide receivers and at least one NFL RB.
    I'd agree with this. From what I saw of the Penn State game compared to the SDSU game, the players are very much improved. Run defense was much more sound and their QB play was very impressive compared to what I've seen from Minnesota in the past. To me that kind of improvement is a reflection of the coaching staff's abilities.

Football Scoop thinks that Michigan could make a run at Fleck if Harbaugh decides to leave. I hope that happens.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Minnesota looked like the better team Saturday. I don’t care for them but you have to give credit where credit is due. As poor as they played the first 3 games, they are coming alive at the right time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I was a big doubter but I have to take my hat off to the Goofs. However, they could still lose 2 out of last 3 regular games.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    I was a big doubter but I have to take my hat off to the Goofs. However, they could still lose 2 out of last 3 regular games.
    They may lose all three but they still beat the #4 team in the country and are 9-0.

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Just for a point of reference Western Michigan has gone 6-6 in 2017, 7-6 in 2018 and is 6-4 this year thus far since PJ decamped for Minnesota. Not sure how they would have done had he stayed but this is the actual data for the situation on the ground. Fleck was at Western Michigan for three years so they have been using his recruits for these last three seasons.
    He's not coaching them, so I have no idea what your point is...