Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

Default Re: Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

Gophers still suck. Is this a Gopher board or a Bison board? No tradition im Minneapolis. Flash in the pan. Row the rotten canoe. Goofs still too scared to to play the Bison in football.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Gophers still suck. Is this a Gopher board or a Bison board? No tradition im Minneapolis. Flash in the pan. Row the rotten canoe. Goofs still too scared to to play the Bison in football.
    Perhaps the win today will embolden the mighty Goofs to schedule the lowly Bison in the future? Nah, what am I saying, gotta be the beer talking, it's the Goofs for pete's sake.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW IT ALL View Post
    I do give the guy credit as he played his hand masterfully. I was reading Gopher-hole posts today and their fans are predicting the Gophs by 13-17 pts this weekend. Wow! Ive actually watched a decent amount of the Goph's and I'd put $100 on Penn state to cover -6.5 favorite in a heart beat. If Penn State isnt 15 better than MN. than the Bison better move to FBS because these teams being in the top 10 range arent scaring anybody from the outside. Actaully, Im picking Penn ST. 42-13.
    Guess you didn’t know jack shit. Talk about a horrible take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Gophers move into the top 10. Ranked #7 in both FBS polls. Uncharted territory!

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    They suck, but yet are a top ten team in in the nation? Man, I love to hate on the Gophers after decades of being average to terrible, but give PJ some credit...he has turned this program around. Do you think Jerry Kill, Tim Brewster, Glen Mason would be 9-0 at this point and beat a team ranked #4 in the entire nation? If they lose one game this year, all the haters will say they choked, etc...give a man some credit, he's done a great job. I thought he was another snake oil salesman myself when he came in, but he's proven me wrong. In 2 to 3 more years, after he has had time to really recruit and establish a winning culture, I think Minnesota will be a top Big Ten team ever year, along the lines of Wisconsin/Iowa.

Monorail!
    What’s it called?
    Monorail!
    That’s right!
    Monorail!
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Jerry Kill certainly had the team in the right direction. He made the program respectable again.

PJ won't hurt the Bison because he will not be in Minnesota that much longer.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    Jerry Kill certainly had the team in the right direction. He made the program respectable again.

it wouldn't be too hard to improve on what Tim Brewster did, lol.. Jerry Kill was a gonna be a lifelong 8-4 type guy. Play three easy games in the early part of the schedule, get your ass kicked in the Big Ten, other than the bottom feeders, and go to a bowl game. Glenn Mason was pretty much the same, so not much of a difference. Tracey Claeys was on the same path. Jerry was a classy guy, but no way in hell he'd be 9-0 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    PJ won't hurt the Bison because he will not be in Minnesota that much longer.
    Yes he will. He wants to build a dynasty from nothing. If he does, he'll get paid, AND he'll get wins. dare I say, compete for national titles year in and year out?
    He's barely had a chance to recruit yet, so I think in 2-3 more years, the goofs will really see what he can bring to Minnesota. He's trying to change the culture, that takes 4-5 years, he's ahead of schedule.