Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Can PJ Fleck weaken the HERD?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Based on Fleck's vague lawyery explanation, it sounds like Penn State declined to move back the game time to a night game. Big timed by the actually relevant program.
    Heard on KFAN that all B1G games are in afternoon in November and the TV channels have to work around it. However, TV can make requests. Away teams have NO say in the matter, totally the decision of the home team. Sounds like what you heard is more PJ BS.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    My brother (NDSU grad) saw Fleck at a Minnesota Banker conference of some sort. Fleck presented his wife and his loving family and talked about his great pro career. He went home and read his bio. He read how he dumped his first wife. His pro career was one year on the practice squad and a second year where he played a few games and then went on injured reserve and got a pay off and retired. Some career. His record at Western Michigan was 30-22. He had one good year and lost in the Cotton Bowl. My brother said he came across to him as a big promoter of himself. Possibly Brewster 2.0.
    Your brother must have mistook the speaker then. And anybody who says Brewster 2.0 is an absolute moron.

Quote Originally Posted by bisontown View Post
    Your brother must have mistook the speaker then. And anybody who says Brewster 2.0 is an absolute moron.
    Yeah, the Gophs could lose out and Fleck would still have more wins in one season than Brewster ever had.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

https://twitter.com/RyanBurnsMN/stat...497267200?s=20

To expand on this further, #Gophers Deputy AD John Cunningham said at the halftime of the Rutgers game (October 19th) that Minnesota had declined the night game options for November.

It's not what I'd have done, but.
    Gopher brass worried about being embarrassed in prime time?

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    https://twitter.com/RyanBurnsMN/stat...497267200?s=20

Gopher brass worried about being embarrassed in prime time?
    Would have they gotten the ABC game on prime time or would have it moved to ESPN? I see Clemson NC State is the ABC Saturday.

11am Saturday will be awesome for the gophers. Hopefully they are competitive.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wonder if Florida St. will reach out to Fleck.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Nice when you can have your schedule lined up with all the cream puffs in the first 2/3 of the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    Nice when you can have your schedule lined up with all the cream puffs in the first 2/3 of the schedule.
    As I said in another thread... Its a different mindset down here in the cities (and Iowa for that matter). "We have a chance this year because we don't play Ohio State or Michigan!" I hear it here, I hear the same thing when I lived in Iowa. Not necessarily the "Bring on the competition" mindset... More of the "Mom's not looking, lets swipe some cookies out of the cookie jar."
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

That's pretty much everyone in the West.

Makes the conference a bit of joke. The real joke is the conference championship when Ohio State puts up 60 on Wisconsin.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

The potential candidates for FSU are very pud outside of a few loooong shots like Urban. I think Fleck will actually get an interview.