17 35.42%
  • Top 10-15

8 16.67%
  • Top 15-25

20 41.67%
  • unranked like und

3 6.25%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Where would you RANK NDSU's 2nd string in the FCS if they were a team.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Where would you RANK NDSU's 2nd string in the FCS if they were a team.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Where would NDSU's 2nd string team be ranked in the Top 25 right now if they were a team:

QB Zeb Noland
    RB Kobe Johnson, Saybein Clark
    WR Keparius, Mathis
    TE Noah Gindorf
    OL sundell,Willis, Kubas etc
    DL Waege, Pierce , Biegler etc
    LB stumpf, jasir cox, luke weertz
    CB talbert, price
    S Kaczer, Weber

I'm missing a few and I'm not even counting many true freshman.

I say Top 10-15. what say you?
    Silly speculation. BUT, if they had a certain coach named "Ditka," then FBS top 10 for sure!

Default Re: Where would you RANK NDSU's 2nd string in the FCS if they were a team.

The better question might be:

If Trey and Zeb had to take turns picking their team and could pick anyone on the roster, how good would each team be? Would either be top 5? Would that both be? (assuming no injuries/need for substitutions...just starting talent)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Facts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I like this hypothetical question. Since most of our 2s eventually become 1s and since they’d be younger but playing more I think it’s top 10 easily.
    Go Bison.

This is the most NDSU fan thread ever........AND I think it's still true that NDSU's second stringers would be a top 20 team.

I hate to agreed with El Chapo, but seriously, what team ranked between 20 and 25 would you pick to beat NDSU's second team?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Purely Hypothetical question. We don't have any quality observable evidence to make a fair assessment of the 2's and 3's.

But since it is hypothetical, i would wager they would be ranked in about 20-25 this year. Would win a playoff game and then lose.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just considering potential 2nd team members; but not which coaches, assuming the coaches would be experienced Bison coaches, TOP 15-25.

Reasons: 1) They are still developmental, but have demonstrated potential based on game performances; 2) they are steeped in the Bison culture; 3) Bison coaches tend to get the most out of each player; 4) Code Green 2 Defense; 5) Rams and QB quality; 6) potential opponents
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

This is the most ridiculous thread ever. (Well this is Bisonville, so this actually ranks quite far down the list of ridiculous threads).
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by tjamz View Post
    The better question might be:

If Trey and Zeb had to take turns picking their team and could pick anyone on the roster, how good would each team be? Would either be top 5? Would that both be? (assuming no injuries/need for substitutions...just starting talent)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
    Yeah I think this is the question. I'm 100% sincere when I'd say I think one of the teams would be 2nd in the valley and the other might be 4th-5th in the valley. One is a seeded team and the other is an 8 seed at best. more than likely and at large. Both make it to the quarters, one makes the semis. MAYBE one makes frisco- but I cant imagine a world where they would actually win.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’d say fringe top 25. Really know way to judge that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our second team would beat Butler, UND, Delaware, Cal Davis, Illinois State, UNI, Missouri State, Youngstown State, WIU, USD and SIU.

Our second team would lose to SDSU.

10-1 and ranked 3rd heading to the playoffs.