17 35.42%
  • Top 10-15

8 16.67%
  • Top 15-25

20 41.67%
  • unranked like und

3 6.25%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Where would you RANK NDSU's 2nd string in the FCS if they were a team.

Default Re: Where would you RANK NDSU's 2nd string in the FCS if they were a team.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Looking at the last 8 teams here.

my 12/11/19 update:

1 NDSU
    2 JMU
    3 Weber
    4 Montana
    5 NDSU 2nd team
    6 Montana St
    7 UNI
    8 Illinois St
    9 Austin Peay

Id move Weber down to 5 and NDSU2 up to 4th.. FCS is gonna look real awful in 3 years when JMU and the Montanas jump to fbs…

Default Re: Where would you RANK NDSU's 2nd string in the FCS if they were a team.

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    Id move Weber down to 5 and NDSU2 up to 4th.. FCS is gonna look real awful in 3 years when JMU and the Montanas jump to fbs…
    What makes you think this is happening?

LOL!!! Why does this keep happening!?!?!?!!?!?!
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

X-Factor is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Looking at the last 8 teams here.

my 12/11/19 update:

1 NDSU
    2 JMU
    3 Weber
    4 Montana
    5 NDSU 2nd team
    6 Montana St
    7 UNI
    8 Illinois St
    9 Austin Peay
    Ok so realistically I think you’re high on the 2nd string.

The offense would score plenty of points against most defenses, but people think we are weak on the interior DL and LB positions as it is. Fill out those positions with 2nd stringers and it doesn’t look quite so good.

2nd Offense:
    QB- 1st team quality
    OL- solid / maybe 1st quality
    RB- 1st team quality
    FB- 1st team quality
    TE- 1st team quality
    WR- mediocre

2nd Defense:
    DE-solid
    Interior DL- mediocre
    LB- mediocre
    S- 1st team quality
    CB- mediocre

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    Ok so realistically I think you’re high on the 2nd string.

The offense would score plenty of points against most defenses, but people think we are weak on the interior DL and LB positions as it is. Fill out those positions with 2nd stringers and it doesn’t look quite so good.

2nd Offense:
    QB- 1st team quality
    OL- solid / maybe 1st quality
    RB- 1st team quality
    FB- 1st team quality
    TE- 1st team quality
    WR- mediocre

2nd Defense:
    DE-solid
    Interior DL- mediocre
    LB- mediocre
    S- 1st team quality
    CB- mediocre

2 years from now those mediocre D guys will be the best defense in the FCS and we all know it.. just like every other year. so even though we dont know them really well I bet there are some really good players..

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    What makes you think this is happening?
    all 3 of them have stadiums that can sit 20K plus and likely expandable.. Jmu is gone for sure and few doubt that. I just think the montanas will get sick of being an also ran to ND and SD schools and move up- join Boise and them when the realign comes.. You know that whole playing for natties that Bison fans love? Well they aren't ever doing that so might as well go to a bowl game every couple years and not be second fiddle to NDSU.

all 3 of them have stadiums that can sit 20K plus and likely expandable.. Jmu is gone for sure and few doubt that. I just think the montanas will get sick of being an also ran to ND and SD schools and move up- join Boise and them when the realign comes.. You know that whole playing for natties that Bison fans love? Well they aren't ever doing that so might as well go to a bowl game every couple years and not be second fiddle to NDSU.
    From what I’ve heard or read, not one of those teams plan on moving, especially the Montana schools. McFeely did a story on JMU last year and they didn’t seem interested either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hail the BISON!!!

Yea Weber doesn't have an offense, good point.

Noland would tear apart most of these teams on his own with 4 wide recievers out there.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

JMU is gone if, and only if, they get a CUSA or AAC invite. They've been offered by the Sun Belt in recent memory and turned it down. And you haven't been paying much attention to the Montana schools if you think they are in any position to go FBS anytime in the next several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    JMU is gone if, and only if, they get a CUSA or AAC invite. They've been offered by the Sun Belt in recent memory and turned it down. And you haven't been paying much attention to the Montana schools if you think they are in any position to go FBS anytime in the next several years.
    NDSU FCS forevers say we need a bigger stadium, more money and don't want to give up the fcs titles... the Montana schools have the stadiums and are never going to win titles so is it a money issue?