Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    There arent any FBS schools traveling to an FCS school...ever. There's literally no way that could be swung. Not to discredit SDSU's facilities as they are top notch...but there's no chance.
    Especially not to a place where they have to fly in and bus an hour to.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Good Luck to SDSU fllling the current stadium more than once every two years. Doubt they will be expanding anytime in the next 10 years.
    And the current east side was built on the cheap. Two mens bathooms on east side with 4 urinals and 3 stalls each. Also only a couple concession stands is just not enough.
    Yeah, SDbison is right on literally everything in this post. Guys, they really, really struggle on attendance. Not convinced they even sell out this game except for ESPN.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yeah, SDbison is right on literally everything in this post. Guys, they really, really struggle on attendance. Not convinced they even sell out this game except for ESPN.
    There were tickets on gojacks.com last weekend when I looked right after College Gameday announced they were going to Brookings.
    It's OK to not be OK.

So just watched the Cofield run multiple times with pauses, etc. Their entire line was basically selling out to stop the sneak. Literally diving into Carson's legs to blow it up. D tackles basically cheating toward the center while staying low. The only guy who had any prayer (o line blocking was actually very easy based on how they cheated) was the outside LB, Steven Wilson, but I think he is the contain guy, so very difficult for him to do much, and Luepke gets just enough of him to peel him outside. Favorite part of this was superstar Rozeboom having no idea where the play was going, and blinding crashing into the center of the line.

Say what you want about other plays calls (I was guilty of ripping during the game), but there is zero doubt it was the perfect play call for what the Jack did. I mean, they threw the kitchen sink at the sneak, and going off tackle just killed it.

Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bison Football Press Conference with Coach Matt Entz

https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...-entz-10-28-19

For those criticizing Entz's decision to go for 2 after their 2nd TD... it looks like in retrospect he agrees with you: https://twitter.com/BisonReport/stat...94262756290560

ME "Probably let my emotions get the better of me" on 2 point play. Felt like it could send a strong message. Takes ownership for what he describes as a "bad call."

Kermit is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So just watched the Cofield run multiple times with pauses, etc. Their entire line was basically selling out to stop the sneak. Literally diving into Carson's legs to blow it up. D tackles basically cheating toward the center while staying low. The only guy who had any prayer (o line blocking was actually very easy based on how they cheated) was the outside LB, Steven Wilson, but I think he is the contain guy, so very difficult for him to do much, and Luepke gets just enough of him to peel him outside. Favorite part of this was superstar Rozeboom having no idea where the play was going, and blinding crashing into the center of the line.

Say what you want about other plays calls (I was guilty of ripping during the game), but there is zero doubt it was the perfect play call for what the Jack did. I mean, they threw the kitchen sink at the sneak, and going off tackle just killed it.
    Josh Babicz made a fantastic block to seal the defensive end (if I remember correctly?) to the inside. That was huge.
    "Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."
    — John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    Josh Babicz made a fantastic block to seal the defensive end (if I remember correctly?) to the inside. That was huge.
    Entz called that out in his presser today as well. Here's a still from it where you can really see how much he knocked #46 out of position to make a play.

Add in the little chip from Luepke that SoCalled mentioned and the fact that the other backers are swallowed up in the middle with the opposite side OLB (#12 Logan Backus) as the only guy who read the play but can't get there in time and it leads to the monster play that it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I watched it again. While the initial block was a critical block, he was slanting in making it pretty darn easy for Babicz to get the seal. With that said, the guy he was blocking, Tetzloff, does realize he is getting burned and has a small chance of making a miracle tackle after the first down is already gained, but Babicz "finishes" his block. That is the part Babicz gets high marks from me!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Entz called that out in his presser today as well. Here's a still from it where you can really see how much he knocked #46 out of position to make a play.

Add in the little chip from Luepke that SoCalled mentioned and the fact that the other backers are swallowed up in the middle with the opposite side OLB (#12 Logan Backus) as the only guy who read the play and it leads to the monster play that it was.
    After that; it is even better.....

Last edited by THEsocalledfan; 10-28-2019 at 10:11 PM.