Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    And if the play worked, everyone would say it was the greatest call ever. Just like the 4th down TD run...if it didn't work, everyone would say it was the dumbest call ever. FYI, on the halfback pass, the TE (I think it was TE, but can't remember) was wide open. The execution was lacking, but the guy was open.
    Yep, great calls are only great when they work. The receiver was wide open on the HB pass. Doesn't mean I liked the call but had it worked...
    Two weeks ago I was thinking we may have one of our best offensive teams ever. Funny how two games can change your perception.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    This team lacks a downfield passing game, just like the 2016 team. Mess added a dimension to the team that was needed yesterday. Most weeks we dont need it, but we could certainly run the ball better outside with Mess who mixed in more zone blocking
    I feel like a lot of that was on Trey yesterday, he didn’t have a good game. Harder to complete passes when they aren’t wide open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not against going for 2 at the right times but I've never understood taking the percentage of success and extrapolating it out thinking that 1.2 points vs 1 point means you should go for it every time.

You don't get enough tries in many games for the averages to even out. On a single game basis the averages have very little to do with it in my opinion.

Taking into account score differential at the time does make sense to me.

All that said on the failed 2 pt I just don't get why you wouldn't force them to prove they can get 2. Kick the ball make them score AND prove they can get 2. Instead we chose to make ourselves prove we could get 2. The conversion rate is so low for 2 pt conversions why not pass that low chance on to your opponent?

I get it, IF you convert you're way better off. That is a big enough if that for me you don't do it.

Edit: holy nutmeg my spelling is bad when using my phone. Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TAILG8R; 10-28-2019 at 05:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Yep. WTF, open the gates. Apparently this level of thinking is beyond the people of Brookings.

Lots of middle fingers after the game as always.

Stopped to eat in Watertown on the way back.
    AS did every NDSU fan. $0 spent in Brookings again. but Watertown LOVES NDSU! on the off ramp there was legit 100-150 NDSU cars backed up on it at Watertown Exit haha
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

About the 2. A person can play out all subsequent scenarios but at that time, it is just about the defensive formation. If the numbers favor the Bison, Jimmy football goes for 2. It is all about not over thinking this. Numbers work, go for 2. Every time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Watson and Sproles lack the speed to separate from the Jacks DBacks. That will remain a limitation against teams with equal corners and safeties. Eliminating some big play potential.

I wanted us to go for it on 4th and agreed with the call.

NOT because it’s the right call. Normally, the superior team doesn’t make decisions that lose the game if you don’t make it. In this case there’s about a 99% chance of losing if we turn it over.

I wanted to go for it because our defense was getting abused and they have a great kicker.

I disagreed with the PAT2 at the time it was attempted. Actually before we even snapped the ball. The result (FG followed by TD to tie) affirms my opinion. Also based on their problems finishing in red zone. In other words, I think their PAT2 odds are lower than 50-50.

I hate the late hit penalty when the runner is still going upfield and just touched the line a split second before getting hit.

They have enough speed. With a little more experience, Lance is throwing those balls deeper and receivers are catching in stride.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I feel like a lot of that was on Trey yesterday, he didn’t have a good game. Harder to complete passes when they aren’t wide open.

While Trey may have comparable or better arm strength than Stick, I don’t think he spins it as well, thus the inaccuracies in somewhat less than ideal/windy conditions. No question he doesn’t spin it nearly as well as Wentz.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Setting up the QB run stop and dump against Youngstown State.

Also Midco - good camera work (of course, being outside in the sun helps rather than the gloomy Fargodome) but did they have a random number generator coming up with downs and distances?
    If they were taking their lead from the scoreboard operator it is understandable that you would think this. The scoreboard was almost completely unreliable for down and distance, timeouts remaining and more. Must have been a true freshman at the controls in his/her first game appearance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    They almost beat us with their 3rd string QB. What happened to the 40+ per game offense? Too much Trey running plays. Hand the ball to Cofield damnit!
    Because we played the best 1 or 2 team we will play all season

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Who is they? There is no they.
    Their name is Jimmy Football.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.