Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

South Dakota tears are yummy.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    No, he's right. They would play 16 games this year if they make it all they way to Frisco.

Fun fact: No D1 football team has ever won 16 games in a single season.
    I assume the Yale team of 1894 was not division 1, thoughts PC?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nca...-history%3famp

Dewey

Does SDSU give COA in football?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by dewey View Post
    I assume the Yale team of 1894 was not division 1, thoughts PC?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nca...-history%3famp

Dewey
    Well, technically D1 didn't exist until 1973. But seems like most consider the modern era of college football to start in 1965 when the AP started voting on a national champion after bowl season so I'll go with then.

Quote Originally Posted by noryan34 View Post
    So which one is correct? The knight commission says a shade over $6m in 2017. SDSU says they only spent $3.8m in 2018. I doubt they cut spending that much in one year.
    Who knows... that $6.1M in 2017 seems awfully high since they were only at $3.5M in 2016. The $3.8M in 2018 would fit better with their trend from 2012-2016... maybe they had a pretty significant one-time expense in 2017 that skewed that number?

Who knows... that $6.1M in 2017 seems awfully high since they were only at $3.5M in 2016. The $3.8M in 2018 would fit better with their trend from 2012-2016... maybe they had a pretty significant one-time expense in 2017 that skewed that number?
    It's possible it could be the beginning of the debt service on the stadium rebuild. College athletic financials are so hazy, and the different comparison websites either don't breakdown exactly what is included in their figures, or the schools report their numbers differently. For example, some schools or surveys lump all the facility rent and capital projects into a single figure, while other schools or surveys report the capital projects or rent into the operating budget of the particular sport. It makes true apples to apples comparisons almost impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Factor View Post
    Jacks have improved greatly in the last 5 years and one of the subdivisions finest in terms of consistency, but they need a little more realism to their place in FCS football. They have yet to not get blown out in a semifinal game. This is SHSU lite we are talking about. At least SHSU has made a couple championship games to go with their semifinal blowouts
    Realistically, though... Do you not think that SDSU might have made a championship game or two if there wasn't a regional component to determine the playoff brackets?

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    Realistically, though... Do you not think that SDSU might have made a championship game or two if there wasn't a regional component to determine the playoff brackets?
    Well their two best teams were 2017 and 2018. In 2017 they weren't even on NDSU's side and in 2018 I thought EWU looked like a better team than SDSU did based on how each of them played the Bison in the semifinal and final. They were pretty good in 2016 but still got trucked in the playoffs by the only NDSU team to not win a championship in the last 8 years. I would guess their Frisco drought would still be ongoing regardless of their proximity to NDSU in the playoff bracket these last few years.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well their two best teams were 2017 and 2018. In 2017 they weren't even on NDSU's side and in 2018 I thought EWU looked like a better team than SDSU did based on how each of them played the Bison in the semifinal and final. They were pretty good in 2016 but still got trucked in the playoffs by the only NDSU team to not win a championship in the last 8 years. I would guess their Frisco drought would still be ongoing regardless of their proximity to NDSU in the playoff bracket these last few years.
    I agree, I see the bigger issue for them being their inability to secure home field to Frisco more so than which bracket they are in. They haven't been good enough to secure home field (even when they beat us in the regular season) and simply just not good enough to get to Frisco.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by thebootfitter View Post
    2009- were up huge against Montana and pissed away a massive lead
    2013- steamrolled by EWU 41-17 in the second round
    2015- lost in the first round to Montana
    2017- was easily their best team and they were steamrolled by JMU 51-16

2014 is the only year they lost a close game to a regional opponent (NDSU). They were blown out by NDSU in 2012, 2016, and 2018. Those games were not competitive.

When given the opportunity to advance and not have to see NDSU, they have pissed away games or simply been blown out by non-conference opponents.