Page 13 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    YSU is 1-3 in the league, 4-4 overall. SIU is 2-2 in the league and 4-4 overall. Both opponents are at home against the Bison. I don’t think SIU is a bottom feeder. Pelini always has his team ready to play the Bison but the puppies are playing much better as of late.
    YSU is a much much much more talented team and will be playing for their playoff lives. Haven’t watched SIU lately.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Then you at least realistically can run it out until OT and prevent them from having another crack.

It was the right call, especially considering the momentum the Jacks had.

You punt it away, and I guarantee you we watch a game winning field goal to end regulation.
    You're more afraid of a 3rd string quarterback putting together a game winning drive then one O lineman mishandling a rusher and blowing the game?! Either way, it doesn't matter cause it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    It wasn’t, it was nearly 20 yds further down field. An irrelevant and moot scenario.
    That's why I said "if". Trying to gage where you draw the line, if ever.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Play it safe take the easier point. Count on your best in FCS D. That has been Bison championship football for this dynasty. No need to reinvent the wheel based on "statistics." You know, those wonderful fungible statistics.

Nice to see NDSU try to call SDSU offsides before the 4th and short. Good composure by both teams not to jump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    You're more afraid of a 3rd string quarterback putting together a game winning drive then one O lineman mishandling a rusher and blowing the game?! Either way, it doesn't matter cause it worked!
    What does the 3rd string QB comment have to do with anything???

What we wanted to take out of the equation was SDSUs kicker.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Nice to see NDSU try to call SDSU offsides before the 4th and short. Good composure by both teams not to jump.

A very entertaining game considering all the rushing an not much passing. Going for two was risky and it failed, maybe Hendricks should have taken a TO as they had numbers on our formation in front or could he have passed it to the right, I could not see what was out there as the TV camera man failed too.
    As for the HB pass, wtf on your own 30 or so? Only do that in the red zone. On the 4th down on the 30 another very risky call but was glad we did it either way, losing this game would not be the end of the season by any means, maybe a conf. champ forfeit and maybe a home playoff game risk to SDSU if they went on to win the conference. Brooks & Coffields lit it up on the big runs! FUN TO WATCH! THANKS TO THE OFFENSIVE LINE!

Did not look at D stats yet but they did it like champs again too.

BUT, all said and done it was GREAT!!!!
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Going for it on the 4th down was the right call IMO, and I would maintain that even if we didn’t get a first down (or score). I felt if we had any chance to win the game, we had to take the risk. Our defense was bend not break the whole game, and the likelihood that SDSU could’ve gotten a field goal if we punted was high. Even if SDSU didn’t get a FG, they could have easily ran enough time off the clock that we couldn’t have gotten the ball back and had time to score, therefor leading to over time and who knows what. Right when we were marked short of the first down, my immediate thought was that we had to go for it. We were having success with our running backs, and having enough success with Lance that the probability of getting those couple of inches was high. Although, I was extremely surprised it wasn’t a QB sneak.

You Gotsta Love Those BISON!

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    AFTER COFIELDS TD...to take the lead with under 3 minutes to play, up by 6, not 7. Are you still a fan of going for two under those circumstances? If this is just a statistics thang, as some say, do you go for 2? I say hell no. Not a fan of our new PAT scheme.
    Up 10 late in the 3rd my first thought was PAT1, but it turns out, that’s mostly wrong. You could construct an argument from the data that it’s a push, but the best evidence I’ve seen is PAT2 is the better choice there. Add the swinging gate which lets you weigh up the defensive alignment immediately before deciding and I think it’s very hard to dispute the decision, unless you can make a case that the defense was misdiagnosed.

Up six late in the 4th, PAT1 is clearly the best choice.

See link in post #69 for details.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I can't imagine the folks in Brookings are too happy tonight. Hopefully, though, not as seriously ticked off as they were 29 years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FlNu0dWXes