Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    But he won’t be standing in the pocket if he hands it off on a run play. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It appears you need to pull Lance aside and talk to him about handing the ball off to a back instead of running it himself. It does not appear the OC calls a pure QB run unless is for short yardage 1 st down.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    It appears you need to pull Lance aside and talk to him about handing the ball off to a back instead of running it himself. It does not appear the OC calls a pure QB run unless is for short yardage 1 st down.
    I don’t think you understood what I was getting at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

I actually suspect very few of his runs were options... IF they were I am not sure he read them correctly
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    My thoughts...

Our staff is made up of a bunch of meatheads. Football guys.
    That’s okay to have some. But you need a common sense, brain, logic smart guy.

Three plays are most egregious offenses....
    1) Reverse pass inside the 10
    2) Going for 2... simply zero logic for this.
    3) Halfback pass

Also, please start taking a knee on endzone kickoffs. Starting from the 25 is okay.

Well, they are first year coaches after all. Stig has decades of experience and he asked a qb with zero game experience to try a pass on 3 &9 in the closing minutes of a game versus the #1 FCS defense instead of handing of the one of the top 3 RBs in the FCS who had already run for over 100 yards during the game. Juvenile coach's play calls caused problems but not loss of the game. Stig' call cost SDUS the game.

Just wondering why the 4th and inches at the Bison 29 is not on your list. Are only the failed executions considered bad coaching decisions?
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Tyler will be fine. I think we all knew there’d be some growing pains. It’s only his 7th game and against a good team

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Tyler may survive but Lance won't if they keep running him like that. Good God, we have lots of RB's and good ones at that. Save the freaking QB runs for the occasionally needed play. If Roehl can't figure that out we are in big trouble.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Tuszka went Tuszka at the end there.

Lardsin must go!

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well, they are first year coaches after all. Stig has decades of experience and he asked a qb with zero game experience to try a pass on 3 &9 in the closing minutes of a game versus the #1 FCS defense instead of handing of the one of the top 3 RBs in the FCS who had already run for over 100 yards during the game. Juvenile coach's play calls caused problems but not loss of the game. Stig' call cost SDUS the game.

Just wondering why the 4th and inches at the Bison 29 is not on your list. Are only the failed executions considered bad coaching decisions?
    That was a very vanilla play call. The gripe is the gimmicky plays like the halfback pass that got picked.

What I would like to know on the QB runs is - are they RPO or are they called QB runs.

We likely won't ever know for sure, but if they are RPOs I think they need to move to more of a play action intermediate throw game and take that option away til Trey gets his Grove back with his arm.

And enough of the trick plays. They're neat but nothing beats solid Bison execution of the fundamentals.

Thanks Cofield for making some magic after the line opened a god damned hole.

We needed it today.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

My opinions on the 4 big playcalls

2pt try: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I think either way is fine. Given SDSU has a good kicker and was gouging us on short runs, I can understand trying to make it a 3-score game

WR pass: I like it sucks there was OPI. Fun to show the trickery!

HB pass: on its face it looks bad, and I wish they ran power. Keep it simple! But the play WAS there, it just wasnt executed and SDSU made a good play.

4th down call: GUTS!!!! I love NDSU ran for it. If you can’t get half a yard then you don’t deserve to win. I was nervous as could be but good on them to make the call.

I do think the fact NDSU playcalling has been a wildcard potentially helped them on the run. When SDSU has to guess if NDSU is going to do something crazy, they may not be fully committed to stopping a basic run.

All in all, I think the calls as a whole were ‘alright’.

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Also the atmosphere was amazing and, unlike last time, fans were great to interact with! Outside the one girl who sat with her mom and threw popcorn at the bench and gave a lot of double birds.

Intense game. Fans brought it!!