Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Had a great game experience at Dykehouse with the exception of one item. What the H were the Overall wearing Hobos doing banging hard hats against the grandstand? How is something so bushleague allowed in 2019? Their purpose was strictly to wreck our enjoyment of the game, and to intimidate. I was shocked. They finally were asked to stop and about went nuts. Anyway . . .

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    YSU is a much much much more talented team and will be playing for their playoff lives. Haven’t watched SIU lately.
    Not trying to hammer on this too much, but found it interesting what Craig Haley of STATS stated about SIU today:

"Southern Illinois, which hammered UMass in early September, had fallen to 2-4, but it has gotten back to .500 with back-to-back wins over Youngstown State and South Dakota by a combined 73-38. The Salukis, who have gotten a lift from running back D.J. Davis' return from injury, have three more winnable games before a likely loss to North Dakota State in the regular season finale, but 7-5 with an FBS win would be a solid playoff resume."

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.as...ea&tm=&src=FCS

Of course the UMass mention is because they are FBS. And I had forgotten that SIU had beaten YSU.

I still don't think SIU is a bottom feeder. I think that will be a very good game for the Bison to fine-tune their game for the playoffs.

BisManBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    when gibbs went out, I have no idea why NDSU didn't just stack 8 in the box. seemed like we stayed in our base the entire game.

Also, Trey Lance should've been allowed to pass more yesterday, 20 runs was ridiculous. At some point you gotta trust Trey to throw.
    It made no sense why they refused to bring a safety down and make SDSU one dimensional.
    The young in this country do not know enough to be prudent,
    and therefore they attempt the impossible - and achieve it generation after generation - Pearl S. Buck

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    The SDSU one is delicious.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think this guy posts on bville and i understand this is probably emotion...but lets not go poking the hornets nest if you get sent to fargo for another playoff loss

As we were leaving the stadium yesterday 2 gates on the east side were locked, yes I said locked. What a cluster fuck to get out of the stadium.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

If we are going to go for 2, why dont we just bring the offense out? Hendricks is a great athlete but he is not Trey Lance

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

What bothers me the most I think about this game was the penalty that took away a TD and the penalty that backed us up from their 4 yard line. They took two possible TDs off of the scoreboard.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If we are going to go for 2, why dont we just bring the offense out? Hendricks is a great athlete but he is not Trey Lance
    Most teams do, but that doesn’t fit with why Coach Entz is doing what he is doing with PAT. He wants to give other teams more to prepare for. Using our offense wouldn’t accomplish that. According to his philosophy, the swinging gate look and making the D prepare for and defend that does.

I’m not promoting or dissing it, just giving peeps a reminder of the why.

Have we thrown out of it yet? If not, I bet we do with Jimmy K being a former QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Most teams do, but that doesn’t fit with why Coach Entz is doing what he is doing with PAT. He wants to give other teams more to prepare for. Using our offense wouldn’t accomplish that. According to his philosophy, the swinging gate look and making the D prepare for and defend that does.

I’m not promoting or dissing it, just giving peeps a reminder of the why.

Have we thrown out of it yet? If not, I bet we do with Jimmy K being a former QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ve always assumed we were saving the pass portion of the play for a “gotta have it” 2 pt conversion