Page 19 of 41 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    As we were leaving the stadium yesterday 2 gates on the east side were locked, yes I said locked. What a cluster fuck to get out of the stadium.
    That was a joke, then the cluster getting out. (News flash brookings PD) FORM 2 lines out 1 way. No one was coming south down medary avenue after the game duh!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Most teams do, but that doesn’t fit with why Coach Entz is doing what he is doing with PAT. He wants to give other teams more to prepare for. Using our offense wouldn’t accomplish that. According to his philosophy, the swinging gate look and making the D prepare for and defend that does.

I’m not promoting or dissing it, just giving peeps a reminder of the why.

Have we thrown out of it yet? If not, I bet we do with Jimmy K being a former QB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Makes sense but the special teams would have already spent the whole week prepping for it so its not like they weren't prepared. We do it seemingly every week. I just like the matchup of our first team offense better to get 3 yards when we are a power rushing team

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Makes sense but the special teams would have already spent the whole week prepping for it so its not like they weren't prepared. We do it seemingly every week. I just like the matchup of our first team offense better to get 3 yards when we are a power rushing team
    I guessing most teams have to and or are using their base D to defend Sgate, or at least using many of their regular D starters/players.

Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by BisManBison View Post
    It made no sense why they refused to bring a safety down and make SDSU one dimensional.
    I watched the replay and they did later in the game. Probably should have sooner

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I love Entz, but these words of his after the game are not my favorite...“We didn’t want our kids to get comfortable, here we go the same old offense every snap. It worked out OK. If we convert on those, we look like geniuses.”

I understand the need to not be predictable on offense, but if halfback passes at a crucial time and swinging gates for two are your go-to then you're fixing something that aint broke.

The halfback pass was a horrendous call and we were lucky that it didn't cost us the game. I also don't get why our TEs just never get used, makes zero sense to me. Our entire offensive gameplan was just garbage yesterday.

Defense was also a mess, SDSU had a QB that could barely complete a forward pass and our DC and Entz seemed to take forever to figure it out.

People give Stig crap but he called out himself for that INT late in the game, Entz should have done the same. Just no excuse for that play call in that spot.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    As we were leaving the stadium yesterday 2 gates on the east side were locked, yes I said locked. What a cluster fuck to get out of the stadium.
    Yep. WTF, open the gates. Apparently this level of thinking is beyond the people of Brookings.

Lots of middle fingers after the game as always.

Stopped to eat in Watertown on the way back.

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The halfback pass was a horrendous call and we were lucky that it didn't cost us the game. I also don't get why our TEs just never get used, makes zero sense to me. Our entire offensive gameplan was just garbage yesterday.

Defense was also a mess, SDSU had a QB that could barely complete a forward pass and our DC and Entz seemed to take forever to figure it out.

People give Stig crap but he called out himself for that INT late in the game, Entz should have done the same. Just no excuse for that play call in that spot.
    And if the play worked, everyone would say it was the greatest call ever. Just like the 4th down TD run...if it didn't work, everyone would say it was the dumbest call ever. FYI, on the halfback pass, the TE (I think it was TE, but can't remember) was wide open. The execution was lacking, but the guy was open.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Just looked at replay and there was 2:42 left in the game. Do you seriously think there was a better chance of punting and getting the ball back? With a RB like Strong? All they need is one first down. I think it’s stupid that you think that call was stupid.
    Play for overtime if we punt or hand them the victory if we don’t get the 4th down. They are in field goal range automatically

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If we are going to go for 2, why dont we just bring the offense out? Hendricks is a great athlete but he is not Trey Lance
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's not a predetermined if we're going for 2 or not. If Hendricks likes the defensive alignment they go for 2, if he doesn't they kick.