Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

My only thought is the bunnies absolutely had to win this game and played like it. They know if they meet the Bison again in the playoffs there is a much better chance if the game is in Brookings. The bunnies don't beat the playoff Bison in the dome.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    If you can’t get 4 inches, you have no business winning the game. Matt Entz decides to win the game instead of fuck around with a million possibilities of punting the ball and overtime.

It was the right call.
    I never disagreed with the call. There will come a time when these calls aren't "gutsy" or "ballsy" they'll just be right.

If you read the GDT thread I said they should go for it, but said there was no way they would.

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    My only thought is the bunnies absolutely had to win this game and played like it. They know if they meet the Bison again in the playoffs there is a much better chance if the game is in Brookings. The bunnies don't beat the playoff Bison in the dome.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I think it is very reasonable that SDSU drops another game or two. They end the season playing Illinois State, UNI and then play in Vermillion.

A three loss SDSU team will not be seeded and will be routed straight through Fargo.

NDSU has a tough opponent on the schedule in YSU next week, and then three straight games against MVFC bottom feeders.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Do you realize the game was tied?
    Yes, of course, you play to win in regulation, not hope like hell you can stop them and then try to win it in OT.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Do you realize the game was tied?
    Exactly, I laughed when I read that. No need to "win". Win it in OT. Also, just getting a first down doesn't mean anything. Say they ran it, got 3 yards and a first down. Then what? You still have to drive and get in field goal range. Worked out but bad decision. Right play call if you had to go for it (which they didn't).

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    Yes, of course, you play to win in regulation, not hope like hell you can stop them and then try to win it in OT.
    If they had been on the 10 yard line, 4th and inches. Would you go for it then?

Quote Originally Posted by JMUVtFan View Post
    Exactly, I laughed when I read that. No need to "win". Win it in OT. Also, just getting a first down doesn't mean anything. Say they ran it, got 3 yards and a first down. Then what? You still have to drive and get in field goal range. Worked out but bad decision. Right play call if you had to go for it (which they didn't).
    Then you at least realistically can run it out until OT and prevent them from having another crack.

It was the right call, especially considering the momentum the Jacks had.

You punt it away, and I guarantee you we watch a game winning field goal to end regulation.

Probably. Especially considering how we were gashing them up the middle. If you don’t get it, you let them score quick and get the ball back.

If NDSU is up, then obviously no.

Play to win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post

NDSU has a tough opponent on the schedule in YSU next week, and then three straight games against MVFC bottom feeders.
    YSU is 1-3 in the league, 4-4 overall. SIU is 2-2 in the league and 4-4 overall. Both opponents are at home against the Bison. I don’t think SIU is a bottom feeder. Pelini always has his team ready to play the Bison but the puppies are playing much better as of late.

It wasn’t, it was nearly 20 yds further down field. An irrelevant and moot scenario.