Page 28 of 41 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Bisman View Post
    Bison Football Press Conference with Coach Matt Entz

https://soundcloud.com/user-74421198...-entz-10-28-19
    Did coach ever share an update on Mathis' injury?
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    There were tickets on gojacks.com last weekend when I looked right after College Gameday announced they were going to Brookings.
    I had friends buy tickets just over face value Saturday morning of the game. They decided last minute to come.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Matt Entz takes responsibility for the 2 point conversion. I respect a coach that actually admits he screwed up. Big props to coach Entz

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No way in hell SDSU should have been dropped to #5. If anything, their performance warranted a promotion to #2.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    No way in hell SDSU should have been dropped to #5. If anything, their performance warranted a promotion to #2.
    losing and moving up past JMU who won?? I have no problem with them dropping to 5, if NDSU would have lost they probably would have been in the 5-10 range
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Matt Entz takes responsibility for the 2 point conversion. I respect a coach that actually admits he screwed up. Big props to coach Entz
    Definitely nothing wrong with admitting he was wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Entz called that out in his presser today as well. Here's a still from it where you can really see how much he knocked #46 out of position to make a play.

Add in the little chip from Luepke that SoCalled mentioned and the fact that the other backers are swallowed up in the middle with the opposite side OLB (#12 Logan Backus) as the only guy who read the play but can't get there in time and it leads to the monster play that it was.
    That picture shows perfectly how bad Rozenboom guess on the play. Literally a full on dive right into a mass of humanity. Awesome stuff.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Talk about the most anti-climatic play-by-play call my MidCo when it came to the 4th and 1 TD run. I'll take Brian Shawn's call.

I have both videos right before the play happened. First is MidCo. Next is VNL.

https://youtu.be/xzVHnfo_loE?t=7753

https://youtu.be/a7zE8dyVMBU?t=7489

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    There arent any FBS schools traveling to an FCS school...ever. There's literally no way that could be swung. Not to discredit SDSU's facilities as they are top notch...but there's no chance.
    Re-read the post. Yes, as an FBS level school with a new addition, they could absolutely host a low level B1G/Big XII school. ODU hosted Virginia this year, Mizzou played at Wyoming, Kansas goes to Coastal next year. I'm sure that there are more from this year but those are off the top of my head. Agreed on them not needing 22-23k now or ever unless they went FBS, and then they would only need the extra space to host big games once every few years.

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    Talk about the most anti-climatic play-by-play call my MidCo when it came to the 4th and 1 TD run. I'll take Brian Shawn's call.

I have both videos right before the play happened. First is MidCo. Next is VNL.

https://youtu.be/xzVHnfo_loE?t=7753

https://youtu.be/a7zE8dyVMBU?t=7489
    Yeah, I listened to all of them... both TV calls and both radio calls. Midco TV definitely was the worst of the 4. Props to SDSU's radio guy, he had excitement in his voice even though it obviously wasn't going the way of his team. Shawn's call was better than Culhane's... Jeff still gets a little too worked up I think but it was kind of funny to hear his voice crack and you could almost picture him staring at Phil after Cofield scoring with his mouth wide open and a "Can you believe that just happened?!?!?" look on his face and Phil just shaking his head grinning.

We were talking in the tailgate lot after the game how that would've been a classic Scottie Miller call. In my imagination it was similar to the Walker to Heckendorf bomb that capped that unbelievable comeback at Cal Poly in '07: "Cofield breaks free down the sideline! He's at the midfield... the 40, 30, 20, 10... he's in! Touchdown Bison! They take a 22-16 lead with 2:32 left to play on a 71 yard touchdown run by Adam Cofield. The crowd at Dana J Dykhouse stadium is stunned! MYYYY oh my!"

RIP Scottie.