Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Strategery View Post
    Everyone pissing on the two point conversion just listen a sec...

If you get it, they HAVE to get two TDs to beat you.
    If you miss (which they did) they can now tie with a FG and TD+1. Got it. Yes, easier for them to tie. But still just tied.
    If you go for one, you’re up by 11, and sure they have to get FG and TD+2 instead of +1 to tie, but you still just need a FG to help tie.

My point is being up 11 is “closer” to being up 10. You can disagree with the call (and I actually do), but saying it was idiotic and there was nothing to gain from it is WAY over the top.
    I agree and as we’ll find out we’re in the minority on that decision.

I’m questioning why our qb ran the ball 20 times more than anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Don't get the gripes about playcalling - execution is the problem. NDSU's offense emptied an entire clip into its foot.
    What's more likely on third down and 2? This team to execute a power run between the tackles or some sort of half back pass after a stretch hand off?

You have to play to your strengths. The trickery has it's place but none of the spots felt like the right time.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

That was a game for the ages. I loved it.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    GameDay crew stick around to watch the game?
    Nah. They almost always need to jump on a plane right away to do things later in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Up 11 or up 12 at that point in the game... that’s the question. You need a data/brain guy to tell you what is the best stat to do.
    If you’re talking analytics, they tell you to go for 2 more often than not

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    What's more likely on third down and 2? This team to execute a power run between the tackles or some sort of half back pass after a stretch hand off?

You have to play to your strengths. The trickery has it's place but none of the spots felt like the right time.
    Well, that's execution. You don't just toss it up straight in the air... and it was open for a huge gain but the SDSU guy just made a great play.

I'd have preferred to run up the gut like you, but I don't like OC's who are too predictable.

Also, it wasn't scrapping against Pud State. They are #3, our hated rival, at home. They pulled out all the stops to win.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, that's execution. You don't just toss it up straight in the air... and it was open for a huge gain but the SDSU guy just made a great play.

I'd have preferred to run up the gut like you, but I don't like OC's who are too predictable.
    Sometimes the other team just makes great plays. That doesn't necessarily mean that the play call was bad.

Best game ever. But can we stop with the damn 2 point conversions? So stupid

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think a careful review of the video, looking specifically at the sequence of Bison offensive plays, will demonstrate some baffling and head scratching calls, given the context of the game at those points. Yes, execution was not good, but it's never going to be great if your QB is keeping it more than 50 percent of the time, as Trey did on more than one drive/possession.
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)