Bisman is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

The Bison Football Show with Matt Entz
    https://www.valleynewslive.com/sport...nfootballshow/

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Their name is Jimmy Football.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    He plays so many positions, he's a they.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The halfback pass was horrendous execution and we were lucky that it didn't cost us the game.
    There, fixed it for you. The receiver was wide open with TD written all over it. Someone either missed a block or else the SDSU defensive plalyer made an exceptional play. Problem was not the call, but the execution.
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

#78 from SDSU should have had about 200 yards worth of holding penalties.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    The halfback pass was a horrendous call and we were lucky that it didn't cost us the game. I also don't get why our TEs just never get used, makes zero sense to me. Our entire offensive gameplan was just garbage yesterday.

Defense was also a mess, SDSU had a QB that could barely complete a forward pass and our DC and Entz seemed to take forever to figure it out.

People give Stig crap but he called out himself for that INT late in the game, Entz should have done the same. Just no excuse for that play call in that spot.
    I would find it difficult to disagree with you any more strongly here. You DO realize there were two TD passes thrown to TE’s yesterday right? One was called back.

Our garbage game plan netted us 400+ yards and 23 points against the #3 ranked team in FCS. Do you really expect our guys to dominate the #3 at their own house? They have really good players too and those good players played very well and very hard yesterday.

Our defense played fine. They held the Jacks to one touchdown in multiple trips to the red zone. Code Green came up with the plays when plays were needed.

Bison Football notched a W against the only team in the division that is truly capable of making it an L and they beat the spread in the process. No Bison players were injured in the game.

Take a deep breath and calm down.

If the Jacks couldn’t beat this Bison Football team in their own stadium I truly have no idea who is going to do so unless Team Injury comes to play.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Sorry if I missed this....where is Kobe?
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This is all true. Bison win, Klieman wins and now Carson wins. Good weekend with us 8-0. Go Bison!!!
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernBison View Post
    Watson and Sproles lack the speed to separate from the Jacks DBacks. That will remain a limitation against teams with equal corners and safeties. Eliminating some big play potential.

I wanted us to go for it on 4th and agreed with the call.

NOT because it’s the right call. Normally, the superior team doesn’t make decisions that lose the game if you don’t make it. In this case there’s about a 99% chance of losing if we turn it over.

I wanted to go for it because our defense was getting abused and they have a great kicker.

I disagreed with the PAT2 at the time it was attempted. Actually before we even snapped the ball. The result (FG followed by TD to tie) affirms my opinion. Also based on their problems finishing in red zone. In other words, I think their PAT2 odds are lower than 50-50.

I hate the late hit penalty when the runner is still going upfield and just touched the line a split second before getting hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well said!
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Makes me think back to the good old days in 2016, when we lost to JMU. Bisonville was furious at Polasek for his vanilla offense. Then yesterday Bisonville is screaming for "JUST RUN IT UP THE GUT!!"

Running it up the gut is always the right call against bad teams. JMU and SDSU are not bad teams.
    We seem to do better running up the gut when Trey is under center as opposed to the gun. IMO
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by td577 View Post
    They have enough speed. With a little more experience, Lance is throwing those balls deeper and receivers are catching in stride.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Not enough to separate from the guys covering them yesterday. Maybe the Jacks have unreal speed. It’s possible.

PERFECT throws would have been very difficult to complete. Not impossible but damn tough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk