Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Dstahn View Post
    I'm also curious if Malstrom, having more experience, steps into the CB knowing that the play is flowing that way instead of blocking the linebacker who is at least an extra step behind the CB.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    That’s a good point too. Aren’t they typically taught to take the inside guy? Of course this is a little different scenario than a typical pass blocking scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Who knows... that $6.1M in 2017 seems awfully high since they were only at $3.5M in 2016. The $3.8M in 2018 would fit better with their trend from 2012-2016... maybe they had a pretty significant one-time expense in 2017 that skewed that number?
    Joose purchases and DUI lawyers?

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It’s unfortunate that the Bunnies lost QB Gibbs in the game against the Bison. Surprised they are going with the freshman however. They have some tough games left and could drop another one, although ISUr and UNI are at home in Turdville.

BisonHorns is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Small thought here but I really like the play we have in place for fourth down and 71 yards.
    you mess with the ^Bison^ you get the horns

Quote Originally Posted by Bison56 View Post
    Who gives a shit what McFooly says, that idiot doesn't know the difference between a football and a shoe.
    this year mcfooly has zero f'ing clue. Babicz is WIDE OPEN. it was a good call if they couldve chip blocked that sdsu guy coming
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonHorns View Post
    Small thought here but I really like the play we have in place for fourth down and 71 yards.
    Beautiful block to set the edge. BEAUTIFUL!

Lardsin must go!

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just something to add with the conversation regarding execution of the Williams HB pass play, the 4th and short, etc. Listened to a Coach Roehl interview today that he had with Jack Michaels. He mentioned there is a ton of thought and reason as to why they call certain plays, and why they may not call certain plays. Something that I think a lot of fans may not consider is not so much the play call itself but the execution of said call. We have a pretty young team, execution of every play that the coaches call may not work out exactly how it was drawn up. Add in a good defense/offense and things can be exploited. Now, I also understand that it's also the job of the coaches to put our team in the best possible situations to be successful. I look at that 4th and short and the way it was blocked is simply amazing. Every guy did their job, perfect execution....it also includes SDSU and the call they had as well. Something that amazes me is how often NDSU comes out on the good end of calls in big time moments during games. Think of all the times where things may have not gone our way on a certain play and how different this last decade could look. Major props to the coaches, and the players for executing.
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by 15>1 View Post
    Just something to add with the conversation regarding execution of the Williams HB pass play, the 4th and short, etc. Listened to a Coach Roehl interview today that he had with Jack Michaels. He mentioned there is a ton of thought and reason as to why they call certain plays, and why they may not call certain plays. Something that I think a lot of fans may not consider is not so much the play call itself but the execution of said call. We have a pretty young team, execution of every play that the coaches call may not work out exactly how it was drawn up. Add in a good defense/offense and things can be exploited. Now, I also understand that it's also the job of the coaches to put our team in the best possible situations to be successful. I look at that 4th and short and the way it was blocked is simply amazing. Every guy did their job, perfect execution....it also includes SDSU and the call they had as well. Something that amazes me is how often NDSU comes out on the good end of calls in big time moments during games. Think of all the times where things may have not gone our way on a certain play and how different this last decade could look. Major props to the coaches, and the players for executing.
    And sometimes questionable decisions that fail at the time end up working out for the best at the end of the game. Klieman's decision to go for 2 in the Iowa game is the prefect example. If he kicks the XP to tie the game or they convert the 2pt to take the lead Iowa is likely a lot more aggressive on offense than they were and who knows how things would've played out different in that case.

You could even say the same thing for the failed 2pt conversion in last Saturday's game. Say they had kicked the XP to go up 17-6 and then when SDSU scored their TD they failed to covert the 2pt to tie it at 17. If NDSU has a 17-15 lead with 2:42 left on 4th and a foot from their own 29 do you think Entz still goes for it? It's an even tougher decision to make to send the offense back out there in that situation... the logical decision is punt it and trust your stellar defense to hold a true freshman led SDSU offense out of FG range to win the game. But who knows how it would've played out differently which is why it's kind of silly to dwell on those decisions that didn't work out.

The deep handoff on 4th and inches? I wouldn't have had the guts to call that play, but I'm glad our staff did.

Quote Originally Posted by 15>1 View Post
    I thought the best criticism of the half back toss was regarding design. These is a reason folks usually pitch it; it buys the RB a little more time to throw as he runs to the boundery. Just took too long.....