Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    No. They are boring announcers. The whole game was like that. Brian Shawn and Timmerman a hundred times better
    Shawn will get scooped up by a larger market at some point. He has gotten better every year on the pxp, his Colfield TD call was fantastic. Hopefully we can get a new color guy to help out with the broadcast soon.

PS: I hate the i"t's Bison Time" cheesy 1990's intro.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Couple of thoughts.

This team finds ways to win. Young or not, we've seen this story before during this decade long run.
    That was a strip sack by Tuska. Thought so live, then saw the replay at home. Didn't matter in the end I guess.
    When is the last time a Bison QB hit a receiver on a 1 on 1 go route at SDSU? For some reason we just can't connect down there.
    Too many penalties. Really hard to get into any kind of rythym when you're behind the chains all day.
    I think SDSU did a real good job hosting GameDay. Good crowd, really into it, good location. I had fun chirping them a little, but didn't go overboard as to ruin their experience.

8-0 baby! Go Bison!!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Doh'kay. That's all there is to it I guess.

I'm actually a little surprised ol' Stiggy doesn't come off more bitter in his interviews about NDSU because you know he has to be buying the Joose buy the pallet everytime he thinks about the Bison.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Actually if you read the article, he specifically says "That's not the only thing".

It's actually a good move by him. " Hey donors, if you want NDSU's success, dig a little deeper. Send me a check, not Augustana."
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Entz is good in his weekly press conference. When he explains things he gets plenty of football jargon in his answers. With 2 point, half back pass, and 4th & inches get gave good answers and admitted the mistake with the decision if he thought there was one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by marenlee View Post
    Talk about the most anti-climatic play-by-play call my MidCo when it came to the 4th and 1 TD run. I'll take Brian Shawn's call.

I have both videos right before the play happened. First is MidCo. Next is VNL.

https://youtu.be/xzVHnfo_loE?t=7753

https://youtu.be/a7zE8dyVMBU?t=7489
    I am sure they had their mics on mute while they swearing up a storm as he ran in from 71 yards.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    I am sure they had their mics on mute while they swearing up a storm as he ran in from 71 yards.
    I prefer that guy keeps it on mute, makes games on Midco unwatchable.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Re-read the post. Yes, as an FBS level school with a new addition, they could absolutely host a low level B1G/Big XII school. ODU hosted Virginia this year, Mizzou played at Wyoming, Kansas goes to Coastal next year. I'm sure that there are more from this year but those are off the top of my head. Agreed on them not needing 22-23k now or ever unless they went FBS, and then they would only need the extra space to host big games once every few years.
    there's a massive hypothetical there, with no logical reasoning.

as it stands they are a high level FCS football program with a majority of their other sports holding their own as far as mid majors go with excellent facilities stuck in a small shit hole town with zero commitment from the largest city in the state located 45 minutes south.

if they were smart they take their top 10 donors and tell them to give their money to NDSU so that we make the jump to FBS and then they can rule the roost.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Brian Shawn and Jeff Culhane absolutely nailed their call on Cofield’s touchdown. Both had the deep rumble of pure excitement in their voice...nothing fake.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

BisonNeil is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    I wonder how many fbs programs are located an hour+ bus ride from the airport? Think Wyo, Washinhton State, Colorado State, Kansas State etc

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    In Kolpack’s article in today’s Forum he discusses some of the recent YSU game at their house. Later in the article he recaps a few other things and most importantly for me he asked Entz why Kobe Johnson didn’t play against SDSU. He quoted Entz as saying Kobe wasn’t hurt and didn’t do anything wrong it was just that Johnson’s style didn’t fit the game plan. Can some of you with great football minds tell me what the hell that means? Kobe isn’t the scat back Ty is and perhaps not as great an inside runner as Colfield but I think he still does both well. So, what about the game plan made Kobe not fit in?

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonNeil View Post
    In Kolpack’s article in today’s Forum he discusses some of the recent YSU game at their house. Later in the article he recaps a few other things and most importantly for me he asked Entz why Kobe Johnson didn’t play against SDSU. He quoted Entz as saying Kobe wasn’t hurt and didn’t do anything wrong it was just that Johnson’s style didn’t fit the game plan. Can some of you with great football minds tell me what the hell that means? Kobe isn’t the scat back Ty is and perhaps not as great an inside runner as Colfield but I think he still does both well. So, what about the game plan made Kobe not fit in?
    Our coaches overthought every aspect of this game, an easier win with Bison football was there for the taking, but our meathead coaches decided to make this game way more complicated than it needed to be. SDSU has a good team this year, with a better game plan we win that one by at least 2TDs. What a nonsensical answer to the Kobe question, could just as well have asked why we didn't run Cofield more, would have gotten another stupid answer. Two games in a row with a poor offensive game plan, once is chance, two is a coincidence, three is a pattern. If we don't straighten this out this week, who knows if Roehl has what it takes to put together a decent game plan for anything other than a Butler or UN_, he was so promising in those first four games, he's overthinking this thing.