Thread: Buy or sell in 2015...Ty Brooks will have a better College career than JJ.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Buy or sell in 2015...Ty Brooks will have a better College career than JJ.

I would have sold that all day long. However, TY has been special here at NDSU and ended up being a crucial recruit for us. There was even some speculation on here that we offered him to have a better chance at Johanessen. BTW, this isn't a knock on JJ. He was and is a special talent. Had he come here instead of UM/_ND things might have been different. Kramer et al would have never pushed him to balloon up and lose a step like they did in El Forko. Anyways, it's interesting how things turn out sometimes. Glad we got Brooks and I wouldn't trade him for a hundred JJ's.

stevdock is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Buy or sell in 2015...Ty Brooks will have a better College career than JJ.

I remember watching both running backs when they were juniors and seniors and thought then that Ty had a chance to be the better running back just because I thought he had more Home Run potential. His speed/agility was just so much better in my opinion than JJ's.

Default Re: Buy or sell in 2015...Ty Brooks will have a better College career than JJ.

Honestly after JJ declined us- I just assumed he would be a bust. Not a logical thought at all and borderline sinful to think that way, but I guess I turned out to be right lol.

Bison pride here, and again, not logical, and borderline sinful, but as soon as ty committed I presumed he would be excellent- based on no evidence whatsoever
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

This is a stupid and unnecessary thread.

Bubba didn’t realize what he had in JJ, totally underutilized him.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ty doesn’t have the same success if he followed a similar career path. Just how it works sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bison03 View Post
    Bubba didn’t realize what he had in JJ, totally underutilized him.
    If he didnt realize what he had why did he recruit him?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Dominating ND high school games isn't always indicative of top tier FCS talent..

Quote Originally Posted by fmfantasy View Post
    Dominating ND high school games isn't always indicative of top tier FCS talent..
    True, but a pretty good indicator and what NDSU coaches look for. But what do they know??

And, Not that you’d have any experience dominating ND high school football!! Ever, other than in your own mind after several beers at your Hoople Bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.