Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

I do feel like to a certain extent the coaches over thought this game and I have to imagine it's because they have seen the rabbits pull out every trick in the book over the years and wanted to be the coy, smarter coaching staff. It just had that feel to it. I feel like as SDSU has gotten better players and become a much better team they have used less trickery against NDSU and simply put together an rpo plan that tends to give us fits. Again just my opinion but I think our coaches maybe spent years watching the bunnies pull out all the stops and wanted to return the favor. Unfortunately it didn't go well. In the end we won and our D came up big, again. Moving forward I hope we get back to LSD - Long sustained drives

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I don't think it's quite that dire, but it is a valid question that it seems the offensive planning seems to struggle against higher quality defenses. They are still 8-0 though and it's always possible execution is part of the problem. Penalties for sure are too high and contributing to the problem.
    I have never coached nor played at the D1 level so I do not feel qualified to critique the game planning. I know the rules still allow it but I deign to try. However I completely agree with the assessment that penalties are too high (here is our youth at work eh?) and execution has been less than perfect at times (youth again?). Despite this and as you so correctly point out, they have managed to "stumble and bumble" their way to a perfect record despite playing some better competition.

Reminds me a bit of the time I skulled that 8 iron at TPC Scottsdale Stadium #16. It skipped up to within two feet and when I got to the clubhouse the only evidence of the whole event was the 2 on my scorecard. Plus of course the recall of my playing partners and our forecaddie all of whose silence was easily purchased.

Rumor has it if SDSU had another $1,000,000...they would have beat NDSU.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MAKBison View Post
    Or Maybe they figure they will see them again and saved some things for them.

Less run fits and penalties that was 3 td game
    I mean i know close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, but seriously, like Rozy said in the Jacks' post game presser...the margin for error is so small against good teams...well the Bison are that team that has a much larger margin for error because we still find ways to win. Had we not had the errors we did we not only would have won the game (which we did, for those that forgot) it would have been a blow out and people would be talking about how we wont lose a game until we move to to the Big XII.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Rumor has it if SDSU had another $1,000,000...they would have beat NDSU.
    For the record, I think that was pretty cleaver by Stig to bring that up, as the exposure should help with fundraising for them....I think that was planned before he went on......

Such a turd. One of those that try to preface they are not complaining right before they complain- "#1 is the money..."
    Sign for next year in Fargo "We'll spot you a touchdown. And a million dollars."
    “Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't” - Jerry Rice

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    For the record, I think that was pretty cleaver by Stig to bring that up, as the exposure should help with fundraising for them....I think that was planned before he went on......
    I agree. A subtle reminder to donors. If you want to beat NDSU... we’re lacking $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    I agree. A subtle reminder to donors. If you want to beat NDSU... we’re lacking $$$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He should have tried that after their loss to JMU. Their athletic budget is 50 million.
    Goals, man, goals...
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    I mean i know close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades, but seriously, like Rozy said in the Jacks' post game presser...the margin for error is so small against good teams...well the Bison are that team that has a much larger margin for error because we still find ways to win. Had we not had the errors we did we not only would have won the game (which we did, for those that forgot) it would have been a blow out and people would be talking about how we wont lose a game until we move to to the Big XII.
    Or, it would also be fair to wonder what the score would be if they played THEIR 1st string QB the entire game? The same QB that made moving the ball look pretty easy in his short stint. If these two play again I put odds at EVEN Money, if both teams play starting QB's and all else being relatively the same. I think the Bison may have an advantage in overall talent and SDSU has the same advantage or more in coaching.

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Bisonville in...

...August- "New head coach, new offensive coordinator, new defensive coordinator, graduated 24 seniors, new RFr QB, tough games @Delaware @ISUred, UNI, @SDSU, replacing Bruce & Lance w/o Wilson...I see us losing 2-3 games with a ton of growing pains. Expectations are lower than normal."

...October- "What is this staff thinking?!! Too many penalties, couldn't possibly be because we're young. I don't like how we're winning ALL of our games because it should be by more points. Winning by too many points makes me feel fatigued, boring, let's all start sounding like SDbison. I don't care if Trey averages 5ypc, he runs too much."

Now, I'll stop short of saying people can't complain, because honestly it's nice to have a vested fan base that cares enough to discuss our favorite football team.

Carry on!
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1