Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    While Trey may have comparable or better arm strength than Stick, I don’t think he spins it as well, thus the inaccuracies in somewhat less than ideal/windy conditions. No question he doesn’t spin it nearly as well as Wentz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Still young though.....I think that can still be learned. I'm with other who were disappointed we did not trust Trey more throwing the ball. We will need to do that to win when they come to Fargo.

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Give it up to the Jacks- they played a HELL OF A GAME. the Fans absolutely brought it. I wasnt at KState, Iowa, or Iowas State, but this was the best away game atmosphere I had been to, including montana, and its not even close. holy Sh*t that was fun
    SDSU had a great crowd and made it a fantastic atmosphere all the way up until their last offensive drive stalled out. That said Montana is still the gold standard for me when it comes to atmosphere in road FCS games I've been to.

The 4th down run by Cofield reminded me of the game in Brookings in 2007 when their RB busted a long TD run on 4th and short to win the game. Think his name was Konig. Feels much better to be on the right side of this one!

Man there was sure a lot of shit talking by SDSU fans when me and my SO were walking into the stadium on Saturday.

The crazy part is how no one said a word to us on the way out. Odd.

G_Funky is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As much as folks talk about getting the TEs more involved, Jimmy Kepouros HAS to be a bigger part of the gameplan. The kid is a match up nightmare, always seems to get open, is savvy in the open field, and catches EVERYTHING. May not be as fast as Ryan Smith, but he is certainly similar. He needs more touches.
    This is not 'Nam. This is Bisonville. There are rules here.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by G_Funky View Post
    As much as folks talk about getting the TEs more involved, Jimmy Kepouros HAS to be a bigger part of the gameplan. The kid is a match up nightmare, always seems to get open, is savvy in the open field, and catches EVERYTHING. May not be as fast as Ryan Smith, but he is certainly similar. He needs more touches.
    I think once Jimmy Kepouros uses two eye blacks he’ll be on fire. Until then he’s just a good receiver.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I think once Jimmy Kepouros uses two eye blacks he’ll on fire. Until then he’s just a good receiver.
    I see your two eye blacks and raise you a Margaret-McPoyle-style unibrowing. Unstoppable.

tolnabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I think Malstrom not playing affected our game plan. Didn't see much "I" formation at all in the first half. Funny the game winning play was out of the "I" formation. Also after the game, we stopped at Herd and Horns. A former O-Lineman was our server, he said that A-Gap power is almost useless to run against SDSU and that they are one of the only teams that knows how the fits to stop it. Typically they would go to C-Gap power when he played. This makes me think that not having our starting fullback changed the game plan.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSnuffleupagus View Post
    Man there was sure a lot of shit talking by SDSU fans when me and my SO were walking into the stadium on Saturday.

The crazy part is how no one said a word to us on the way out. Odd.
    Not doubting you in the slightest- but we were treated STRANGELY well by SDSU fans virtually all day. The fans around us were ridiculously polite (to an annoying extent).

Obviously a handful of students would yell at us or do a horns down or something lol but thats to be expected. I was impressed by their passion, the overall knowledge of the fans around us, and how hospitable they were before the game, and even after. props to them!
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

One of the best things about this day was getting to see a big smile on Adam Cofield’s face.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.