Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Default Re: SDSU Post Game Thoughts & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    I think Malstrom not playing affected our game plan. Didn't see much "I" formation at all in the first half. Funny the game winning play was out of the "I" formation. Also after the game, we stopped at Herd and Horns. A former O-Lineman was our server, he said that A-Gap power is almost useless to run against SDSU and that they are one of the only teams that knows how the fits to stop it. Typically they would go to C-Gap power when he played. This makes me think that not having our starting fullback changed the game plan.
    Why didn't Malstrom play? I did not hear he was out before the game.

Couple general stories to share:

1. At Gameday, early on in the show, a bunch of SDSU students, clearly on the sauce, started chanting "F$ck the Bison". My buddy turned around and said, hey guys keep it classy. One student started arguing with him, and he reminded them they are on national television......they then were fine to be around.
    2. My yard sign was stolen from my lawn this week in Sioux Falls.
    3. My grill was stolen during the game.
    4. The game itself was out of this world for quality and atmosphere. Better than the Montana game (I was at that, too), but maybe because I was in a heavy pro NDSU section......

All in all, worth it, but still mad about the sign and grill.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Why didn't Malstrom play? I did not hear he was out before the game.
    He hasn't played the past two games. Knee injury I believe.

I'm not to sure the Bison win this game if SDSU plays the game with their #1 QB. Obviously the 8-0 Bison are a very solid team. Not in the same class with any of the recent former Natty teams though. Our D-line is excellent off the edges, soft in the middle (too light) our linebackers are a real week spot, COX is NFL but teams run away from him and the other two are REALLY Soft, the weakest part of the Defense for sure. D-backs real solid. The defense has 8 defensive ends and no real interior linemen aka Short, stout, quick and true stoppers. I would run right at Tusca because you arent going to out run him. While Cox makes so many plays opposite field running players down as well. As for coaching, This team still does not have an offensive identity, it's all over the board. This team has a lot of growing to do over the next couple years as does the HC and Staff. Very talented though.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Couple general stories to share:

1. At Gameday, early on in the show, a bunch of SDSU students, clearly on the sauce, started chanting "F$ck the Bison". My buddy turned around and said, hey guys keep it classy. One student started arguing with him, and he reminded them they are on national television......they then were fine to be around.
    2. My yard sign was stolen from my lawn this week in Sioux Falls.
    3. My grill was stolen during the game.
    4. The game itself was out of this world for quality and atmosphere. Better than the Montana game (I was at that, too), but maybe because I was in a heavy pro NDSU section......

All in all, worth it, but still mad about the sign and grill.
    I'd disagree about atmosphere being better is Brookings than Missoula. Unless you mean the level of Bison fan support, but bunny fans are no where near Grizz fans. WaGriz got holy shit loud and I didn't hear anything like that last weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Funk View Post
    He hasn't played the past two games. Knee injury I believe.
    Thought it was a hammy.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I'd disagree about atmosphere being better is Brookings than Missoula. Unless you mean the level of Bison fan support, but bunny fans are no where near Grizz fans. WaGriz got holy shit loud and I didn't hear anything like that last weekend.
    Yeah but they used 6,000 more people. /purple

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't believe everything you think.

Mr Pep Band is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Passing game needs some work. Looking at the box score, no NDSU player had more than ONE reception.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pep Band View Post
    Passing game needs some work. Looking at the box score, no NDSU player had more than ONE reception.
    When you can rush for was it 32? yards in a game do you need more than 1 reception per receiver in the game...

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tolnabison View Post
    I think Malstrom not playing affected our game plan. Didn't see much "I" formation at all in the first half. Funny the game winning play was out of the "I" formation. Also after the game, we stopped at Herd and Horns. A former O-Lineman was our server, he said that A-Gap power is almost useless to run against SDSU and that they are one of the only teams that knows how the fits to stop it. Typically they would go to C-Gap power when he played. This makes me think that not having our starting fullback changed the game plan.
    Entz made the comment on the coaches show that they planned to run Trey quite a bit. Still seems like we over did that a little end never really got the rb’s that involved. We had the rushing yards but it didn’t feel like we were that productive. Penalties really had an impact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk