Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Brookings Gameday----It's Only There Because of the Bison

Default Re: Brookings Gameday----It's Only There Because of the Bison

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Without the Jacks beating the Bison a couple times...No game day, no rivalry! ...Kool Aid...WTF you talking about Willis!
    Game Day came to Fargo to watch NDSU play Delaware St and Incarnate Word. When did either of those two beat us once let alone twice, or what rivalry do we have with them?
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Not sure if your trying to talk smack or your just being petty. I hope it's the first. Jacks have done something nobody else in the FCS can claim in the last 8 years. Multiple wins against NDSU. That's why ESPN came to Brookings. That's why this is a rivalry and it's good for FCS football!
    Mostly the first, but for sure a little of the second. They can go right ahead an beat us during the regular season, what have they done to us in the playoffs..........0-whatever. Always the bridesmaid and never the bride.

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Game Day came to Fargo to watch NDSU play Delaware St and Incarnate Word. When did either of those two beat us once let alone twice, or what rivalry do we have with them?
    Totally different situation. SDSU is hosting not NDSU. I'm not saying NDSU didn't have a part in this, they did. Just that the host had something to do with it also! Don't know why it's so hard for some Bison fans to accept this!
    Do the Jacks benefit from this...Yep, but so does the Bison and so does FCS football!

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I’ve been to Brookings one time. I didn’t check out the famed Taco Johns, but they did have a pretty good pizza joint that catered to college students. You pay a flat rate for a personal pizza and then can add any toppings you want for no extra cost. That was my highlight for the day.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Totally different situation. SDSU is hosting not NDSU. I'm not saying NDSU didn't have a part in this, they did. Just that the host had something to do with it also! Don't know why it's so hard for some Bison fans to accept this!
    Do the Jacks benefit from this...Yep, but so does the Bison and so does FCS football!
    I agree with you. SDSU doesn’t get a gameday without playing a good rival team, but Gameday also doesn’t come to Brookings to see NDSU play unless SDSU has some pedigree as well. SDSU has been consistently successful at the FCS level. We can give them credit for that and still enjoy watching our team crush theirs.

I think this is very easy to understand. Wisconsin lost which took a lot of shine off their game with the Buckeyes today. Still would have been a heck of a show for a couple of B10 rivals. What other games? NSDU traveling to Brookings for a 1-4 matchup. If we are going to do a FCS/anything not P5, this is it. SDSU lucked out with all the planets aligning this weekend the way they did. I don't think it would be a stretch to say if NDSU were at home this weekend against anyone in the top 10, it would have been considered because NDSU is a story in itself. Not hubris, it is a fact supported by precedent. Gameday would not be in Brookings if it wasn't the NDSU game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    I agree with you. SDSU doesn’t get a gameday without playing a good rival team, but Gameday also doesn’t come to Brookings to see NDSU play unless SDSU has some pedigree as well. SDSU has been consistently successful at the FCS level. We can give them credit for that and still enjoy watching our team crush theirs.
    I agree as well, CGD is not hyping a NDSU football game unless it was against SDSU and their situation. My point is, that they are not going to SDSU at all, unless they are playing the Bison. SDSU just happens to be the best team available for a away game that involves NDSU in order for ESPN to go to it. I give SDSU all the credit in the world. Good team, rivalry, beat us a few times. But they have never gotten over the hump and live in the shadow of NDSU. In order for them to be considered elite, they have to win championships. And it will take quite a few of them to be considered in the same breath as the Bison, they can't just win one and say they have arrived or equaled us.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Cade Johnson hates NDSU because they didn't recruit him.
    It’s actually because of his lazy eye.
    Former NDSU intramural athlete.

I'm gonna punch a bunny fan
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

holy crap coaches. hes the BACKUP QB. OF COURSE HE WAS GON A FUN. #FAIL
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?