Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Brookings Gameday----It's Only There Because of the Bison

Default Re: Brookings Gameday----It's Only There Because of the Bison

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Gameday is sure taking a long time to announce this week. My guess is they are trying for Minnesota, and are finding the red tape very difficult to cut through.
    Minnesota has a bye this week. They're going to Memphis this week (unofficially official).

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Gameday is sure taking a long time to announce this week. My guess is they are trying for Minnesota, and are finding the red tape very difficult to cut through.
    Minnesota is playing pretty good now. Much better than the first 3 games. PJ openly begging for them to come to MN comes off as a little pathetic but I’m guessing it will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wagsabison View Post
    Minnesota is playing pretty good now. Much better than the first 3 games. PJ openly begging for them to come to MN comes off as a little pathetic but I’m guessing it will work.

Alabama vs LSU

#1 vs # 2

They will not be going to row the boat.

I think the goofers drop 3 of the next 4 games, I am sure they have improved after narrowly escaping the early part of the season, but man the others Rutgers, Maryland Nebraska Illinois wow middle of the pack MVC.
    Game will be there after they accomplish something

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I get the #1 vs #2 aspect but against Penn State it will be a damn near top 10 matchup and I would think the crowd would be better in Minnesota than Alabama since they’ve been there countless times.

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    Alabama vs LSU

#1 vs # 2

I think the goofers drop 3 of the next 4 games, I am sure they have improved after narrowly escaping the early part of the season, but man the others Rutgers, Maryland Nebraska Illinois wow middle of the pack MVC.
    Yep, Gophers are waaaay overrated. Who have they beat?......almost lost to Georgia Southern, South Dakota State, and Fresno State. This is the weakest schedule the gophers have had in years. But, PJ will get a huge extension if they only lose 2 games, which is probably their best case scenario. I see loss at home to Penn St. and probably lose to Iowa. Wisconsin could be a loss, but they seem pretty deflated after the last two weeks, so who knows

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    Alabama vs LSU

#1 vs # 2

I was watching the replay of Gameday last night and Herbie burned the Goophers pretty good when Rece mentioned that PJ Fleck was campaigning for Gameday to come to Minnesota on 11/9 mentioning Fleck's boast about how "There will be 4 million people there if you come". Kirk said something like "What day is that? November 9th? Yeah... see you in Tuscaloosa."

devin45k is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Yep, Gophers are waaaay overrated. Who have they beat?......almost lost to Georgia Southern, South Dakota State, and Fresno State. This is the weakest schedule the gophers have had in years. But, PJ will get a huge extension if they only lose 2 games, which is probably their best case scenario. I see loss at home to Penn St. and probably lose to Iowa. Wisconsin could be a loss, but they seem pretty deflated after the last two weeks, so who knows

They will be put in there place with the rest of the schedule.
    The fella that watches the CFL

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I was watching the replay of Gameday last night and Herbie burned the Goophers pretty good when Rece mentioned that PJ Fleck was campaigning for Gameday to come to Minnesota on 11/9 mentioning Fleck's boast about how "There will be 4 million people there if you come". Kirk said something like "What day is that? November 9th? Yeah... see you in Tuscaloosa."
    I lmao at that when I heard it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    My son, who is a gopher alum, was saying this same thing a week ago. I reminded him that SDSU is no easy out. Just about as tough as NDSU. So I think we should be careful about saying "they haven't played anybody" if we are going to thump our chests about how the Bison will beat the majority of the FBS.

That said the point that they have had a relatively easier schedule to this point is a good one but the fact remains they have beaten every opponent that lined up against them so far. The rest of this month is going to be interesting and telling. We may or may not be fans of Flecks style but I think he has got his team believing and groups of guys who can synchronize their oars just might be dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    My son, who is a gopher alum, was saying this same thing a week ago. I reminded him that SDSU is no easy out. Just about as tough as NDSU. So I think we should be careful about saying "they haven't played anybody" if we are going to thump our chests about how the Bison will beat the majority of the FBS.

That said the point that they have had a relatively easier schedule to this point is a good one but the fact remains they have beaten every opponent that lined up against them so far. The rest of this month is going to be interesting and telling. We may or may not be fans of Flecks style but I think he has got his team believing and groups of guys who can synchronize their oars just might be dangerous.
    I will give the Gopher's credit. They have beaten everyone who has lined up in front of them. Is the schedule "soft", sure, but the Gopher teams of the past would seemingly find a way to lose to a team they should beat.
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.