Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: anyone herd of Carson Wentz??

Default anyone herd of Carson Wentz??

I just read on some Sue blog about this dude from bismarck getting offered to UND. anyone have info on the kid? I guess SDSU offered too. He then went on to say that UND has top notch recruits on offensive line and WR. I have a tough time believing that. Sounds like Wentz is visiting NDSU this weekend.

Default Re: anyone herd of Carson Wentz??

He is a QB for Century HS in Bismarck (seems there was a youtube video of him on the recruiting thread a few pages back). His brother plays baseball for NDSU.

Is he any good? I can''t see any reason why a recruit (especially from ND) would choose UND over NDSU at this point in time?

jarhead is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

From what I've seen, susie has a verbal from a 2 star Colorado WR named Casey Young but he's the only WR I can find com-
    mited to them. As far as OL go, according to the recruiting sites they were recruiting most of the same guys we were and most
    of them have committed to FBS schools, so I don't know who they have verbals from. They seem to be recruiting Cal. pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaxnine View Post
    Is he any good? I can''t see any reason why a recruit (especially from ND) would choose UND over NDSU at this point in time?
    I can, if you have Crazy speed and want to play in the NAIA
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by Ajaxnine View Post
    I could. UND QB situation = woeful. NDSU QB situation = deep

He is pretty solid from my understanding. How many QBs are we gonna have on our roster? We already have Jensen, Mohler, Perez, Thorton and have a verbal in Stanford so that makes it 5.

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    He is pretty solid from my understanding. How many QBs are we gonna have on our roster? We already have Jensen, Mohler, Perez, Thorton and have a verbal in Stanford so that makes it 5.
    Doubt we will get another yet, but if he is willing to play another position
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

He's been discussed pretty thoroughly on the recruiting threads.
    Official Bisonville Sponsor of:
    DJKyRo-brand® self-deprecating humor; Bird law; Pureyor of spicy foods; Epic UN_ predictions
    DJKyRo's all-time GDT record: 10-8
    Don't follow me on Twitter @kroth37!

jarhead is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

After 2 years Dante has kind of been a no-show, Brock and Jose both spent much of last season injured and when they did play, they left some things unanswered. Esley hasn't played a down yet, so we don't know how/if he'll adjust to the college game. This,
    hopefully gives Stanford and Wentz a redshirt season to adjust. When they come off their redshirt season, dante will have gradu-
    ated and the Brock, Jose, Esley debate should be less murky. By then, one or both should be ready to add to the competition and may the best man win. This year proved we need 3 QBs ready to play without a drop-off. QB and CB (I think Tyrone Braxton played CB for us but was a safety in the NFL if I remember right) are the only two positions I can think of that we haven't had someone get an NFL tryout and it looks like we're finally going in that direction.